(HealthDay News) -- It's important for seniors to see a doctor regularly to stay on top of any potential health issues.
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests these preventive services for older people:
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- Annual vaccine for flu, and regular vaccination for pneumonia.
- Breast cancer screening every two years for women aged 50 to 74. Some women deemed at higher risk of breast cancer may need more frequent screening.
- Regular colorectal cancer screening beginning at age 50.
- Screenings for diabetes and high cholesterol.
- Bone density scan for signs of osteoporosis.
HealthDayNews articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. healthfinder.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories. For more information on health topics in the news, visit Health News on healthfinder.gov.