Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many days a week is perfect for gaining weight?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many days a week is perfect for gaining weight?

I'm used to a split that consists of 5 days of going to the gym and lifting weights. Now I wonder, since I want to bulk up, if I should give up on the full body day and train for only 4 days a week, this way I would've save the calories burnt during the fifth day of training and still get a proper training, but with more calories to burn muscle with. What do you think?

When some male friends were going to the gym for a workout, I remember them going to an eatery for dinner - they eat 3 cups of rice and 2 orders of meat dish. That volume of food is more than enough for 2 ordinary people. They said that they need the carbohydrates of rice and the protein of meat since they are burning much fuel in the gym. And if they wouldn't eat that much, they may get sick of either dehydration or malnutrition.

Comment

Well, I don't see how that helps me, I already know that I need to eat much, I just wonder if it would be better to train 4 or 5 days, the 5th day would be an all body day.

Comment

It depends on what you are training. You can keep going if you use different muscle groups e.g. chest, then back, then shoulders, then legs, so you're taking a kind of rest day inbetween muscle groups. Alternatively, do a full workout then take a day off inbetween to allow the Muscles to recover.

Comment

I don't think there is a perfect amount. It's really contingent on your body, calories, and a multitude of other factors. With that being said, you can cycle through different splits or full body routines to see what works best. If I am bulking, i generally stick to 4 days of full body workouts. Right now, I am cutting and just running a 6 day split.

Comment

It mostly depends on the individual, but anything between 3 and 5 days per week is ideal.
            For example you could do a 5 day split, working each major muscle group once per week, do a 6 day push/pull/legs split, working each major muscle group twice per week, or simply do a 3 day pus/pull/legs split.

Comment

I think the best thing to do is listen to what you body is asking for. If it is asking to pull back and do 4 days, then try it out for a few weeks and see how you feel. If it turns out that you don't feel like you are getting the full results you were hoping for with just 4 days, then you can go back to your 5 day routine.

Comment

If you want to gain weight, I would recommend you to train at least 4-5 day per week. I know it may sound strange but gaining weight is not so easy. Many of my friends have gained weight by working out at 4-5 a day. You need a lot of motivation to do that. Most people think that working out one or two day is perfect but actually, it is not. You need to be consistent.

Comment

In my opinion, three days per week is perfect if you want to gain a lot of weight in a very long time but if you want to gain weight in a very short time, I would recommend you to workout at least five days a week. So, it's your choice. Personally, I would recommend you to workout 5 days a week.

Comment

re

It is better if you work out for 5 days per week so that you can gain the weight sooner.

Comment

Saving your calories for only one day would not make a big difference since the fact remains that the body is able to repair itself including replenishing on lost calories during the night. I suppose that this strategy is based on mental perception as a strategy rather than on tangible mental results. It follows that each individual should evolve his or her own exercise regimen in order to optimize the results.

Comment

Listen to your body. Go until you need to rest. That could be four days or all seven days. Eat a lot, lift heavy and often, and get SLEEP if you want to bulk up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Smart Health Shop
                        SHS Facebook
                        Powder City bulk supplements discount!

NPC Physique and SmartHealthShop.com Athlete
                        Supplementing Your Health Starts Here

Comment

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I just wanted to say that it's not really important. What you eat, how much you are able to sleep, how much you eat and how heavy you train matter more.

Some bodybuilders train 5 times a week, some of them 3 days a week, some of them 6 days a week. They are still big and insanely strong (some of them). Is there a rule? Other than what [MENTION=1]President[/MENTION] said, not really.

Comment

When starting out it's better to go three days a week alternating groups of muscles in those days. Then you move to five times a week and usually put cardio routines in the middle; of course, it's very important to have proper nutrition and take a lot of protein because your muscles will need it to grow. Don't overtrain, take it slow, one step at a time.

Comment

You can train as much as you wish since losing weight is more difficult than gaining it. If you want to devote much time for exercise with simultaneous gain in weight, I would recommend that you take a spoonful or two of glucose with every meal. Making supper your heaviest meal would help alot as food would be stored due to slow metabolism at night.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                              Working...
                              X