This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rohanjain View Post
    Now,in these days many people consume prescription drugs instead of natural supplements.
    Prescription Drugs-It contains chemicals.
    Natural Supplements-These are derived from living plant life.These supplements are healthy.
    This is the problem I come across quite often when discussing drugs. People always resort to the appeal to nature fallacy. Just because something is natural doesn't mean that it is harmless. In the same way, just because something doesn't exist in its final form in nature doesn't mean that it's going to kill you.

One more thing I'd like to point out is your use of the word "chemical." Everything is a chemical. We are made of chemicals, the drugs that we take are made of chemicals, and the food that we eat is made of chemicals. Chemicals aren't inherently bad.

Comment

I love this post. I think the most important part is at the end. Do not base your research on information from places trying to sell you something. I can buy thousands of positive testimonials from people willing to take my cash and they never have tried the snake oil I am selling. Don't like ASA from the pharmacy? - go chew on a willow tree.

Natural Remedies are generally untested under scientific conditions. If they have been tested, they are either accepted (and you will see a big company marketing it) or rejected for their lack of benefit. The big concern is the variety of dosage and the side effects of natural cures. Willow bark will cure a headache but how much? That ulcer? Oh that is from the willow bark.

The key is to regulate and standardize the natural remedy system not to reject it. Making sure claims are valid and supported in science is a good start. Checking for potential side effects is another place where improvements can be made. We want to keep people safe and make sure they are not being scammed by hype and false testimonials. Not all natural supplements are bad, but right now, we don't have a way of knowing which ones are.

Comment

Let's boost the truth about natural supplements treatments versus prescription drugs thread, shall we? BUMP. Responses welcome from members and guests.
        Smart Health Shop
        SHS Facebook
        Powder City bulk supplements discount!

NPC Physique and SmartHealthShop.com Athlete
        Supplementing Your Health Starts Here

Comment

Thank you for this post. I always told my friends that relying too much on natural remedies is not good. Oftentimes, people take in "remedies" without really knowing anything. I know someone who took herbal supplements instead of the medicines prescribed to him by his doctor because he believed the testaments he read online. Unfortunately, things didn't go so well for him, and if he wasn't brought to the hospital, he could have died. I don't really abhor the intake of herbal supplements. I just tell my friends that if the doctor prescribed something to you, you take it.

Comment

Thanks for this post. It somehow alleviated my fear and reservations in taking the tried and tested meds. I have been reading how much I'm "bombarding" myself with bad chemicals. But how else am I to get truly better?

Although I would have to admit I still am getting those herbal teas to help from time to time. Perhaps I'd take the approach of balance between scientific and natural remedies.

Comment

I agree with you here. The thing with vitamins and supplements is that they are not monitored and checked by the FDA (most, some are now), some ingredients aren't even fully tested. Companies can simply add labels to it saying "Organic!" "Natural" etc and catch consumer's attention easily. Unlike prescription pills that are heavily monitored and tested for it's safety (to some degree). However the chemicals found in cola may be found in nature however, what are the chances the gallons of this stuff mass produced is being made from things from nature? Very slim. The chances that they may be using a chemical version of these things are highly likely.

Now, take something like vanilla. It can be found from the gland on the ass end of a beaver. Companies cannot get enough of this substance naturally so they resort to making and mass producing it chemically to fit the demand of people around the world. Some thing with ingredients for such popular drink like Cola.

Comment

I believe that I have maintained my good health thus far and have avoided prescription medicines for the most part because I am strengthening my body daily with the so-called natural supplementation and cure. I agree with some posters here that you cannot judge the whole 'natural' industry based on scam products and companies with bogus claims. Natural for me means supplementing my diet with mineral and vitamins tablets that are deficient in my diet. Natural also means that harnessing the healing power of plants like ginger, garlic, onion, mushrooms, and turmeric.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitkat View Post
                  I believe that I have maintained my good health thus far and have avoided prescription medicines for the most part because I am strengthening my body daily with the so-called natural supplementation and cure. I agree with some posters here that you cannot judge the whole 'natural' industry based on scam products and companies with bogus claims. Natural for me means supplementing my diet with mineral and vitamins tablets that are deficient in my diet. Natural also means that harnessing the healing power of plants like ginger, garlic, onion, mushrooms, and turmeric.
                  Natural is certainly not a bad thing: we are just alluding to the fact that even "natural" supplements touted still give some type of chemical reaction whether it is prescription or not. Just because it is not prescription does not mean it is automatically qualified as safe. Believe it or not, there ARE instances where a prescription drug is technically more "Natural" than a branded "herbal" supplement. Just do your research, read all labels, and seek multiple opinions from medical professionals before getting into anything...
                  Smart Health Shop
                  SHS Facebook
                  Powder City bulk supplements discount!

NPC Physique and SmartHealthShop.com Athlete
                  Supplementing Your Health Starts Here

Comment

Antarpuneet

i think noting is natural in this world
                    but try to eat fruits and veggies to stay health and other dairy products for healthy natural diet and try to avoid supplement and steroid which can harmful to your body

SJS IVF

Comment

Natural supplements

Natural supplements are always preferred as it does not have any side effect.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                      Working...
                      X