No announcement yet.

Multi-vitamins for healthy living

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-vitamins for healthy living

When I first got employed, my mother would buy One-A-Day, a multi-vitamin in a bottle. The instruction was to take one tablet a day so my body would have a complete set of vitamins that the human body would need in a day. When I stopped taking those multi-vitamins, I didn't feel any different. So what does that mean?

It sounds a bit like me, I occasionally take multi vitamins but I honestly don't notice much if any difference. To me I think it might just be a placebo effect that taking vitamins has on people. They feel better because they're taking the vitamins but it might be making little to no difference.

Comment

It could be that you are both fairly healthy people. I don't know if vitamins make a difference to the majority of people, at least in how they feel after taking them, or stop taking them, but they make a difference to me. I have health issues, and can pretty often tell a difference quickly when I've taken vitamins and minerals. The One-A-Day brand has been around for ages, and seems pretty popular, so perhaps others are feeling changes that aren't evident in you.

Comment

Clearly, eating a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, fish, lean meats and poultry, and low-fat dairy products is the best way to get your daily dose of vitamins and nutrients to keep your body functioning properly and to ward off illnesses. But taking a multivitamin daily is a good backup plan, and an easy way to fill in any gaps in your diet.
        coupons, deals, offers and discount at couponconnexion.

Comment

I sometimes take multi vitamins, but I don't do it often, because I don't like swallowing pills.
          To be honest, I think I'm quite good at maintaining a well balanced diet, so I don't really need supplements
          "I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. ― Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Maybe that means you can still get the nutrients you need even without the multivitamins through foods you eat. That could be the reason why there is no difference or you can hardly notice any difference when taking or not taking it.
            My Site & My Blog Diary

Comment

Eat three meals a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner); it is important to remember that dinner does not have to be the largest meal.
              The bulk of food consumption should consist of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk products.
              Choose lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts (with emphasis on beans and nuts). For living healthy..
              coupons, deals, offers and discount at couponconnexion.

Comment

You were probably getting all the nutrients you needed from the food you were already eating. Some people do benefit from a daily supplement but if you're getting a balanced diet, there's probably no need.

Comment

They said that it is best to get the vitamins and minerals that our body needs by eating a healthy balanced diet. It is best to get it from its natural form rather than from synthetic form. People's state of health differs from each other. There are those who feels that they are already healthy and does not need a multivitamins anymore. While there are those whose health condition is not good that is why they are taking this multivitamin to give them additional strength and energy. Like me even I am eating a healthy balance diet I still do take a multivitamin especially if I had no complete sleep at night and it is always been my energy booster to function well the next day and I had already proven that for myself a long time ago.
                  Last edited by ReadmeByAmy; 10-14-2015, 10:06 AM.

Comment

I think the need for appropriate vitamin supplement

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                      Hahaha; strange post...what do you need in regards to a multivitamin?
                      Smart Health Shop
                      SHS Facebook
                      Powder City bulk supplements discount!

NPC Physique and SmartHealthShop.com Athlete
                      Supplementing Your Health Starts Here

Comment

For people on restricted diets like the elderly it's a good idea or those who are vegans as their food choices may not provide all the recommended daily amounts. Generally most people with a healthy balanced diet don't need them, but as a child I had them because children are growing and some are picky eaters.

I don't think they are necessary, but helpful in some situations. If I am traveling then I will take them as I can't guarantee my diet will be balanced if I am in a remote jungle.

Comment

The multi-vitamin works as a supplement. It is only needed if you have deficiency of some vitamins. If you already get enough of these nutrition through your regular diet, then the supplement will bring no benefit. It might be the reason why you did not feel any different.

Then again, it is a long term thing. You won't feel any different if you only skip a few days or a few weeks. And you must be in a controlled environment for accurate test results. All your diet must be the same, so is your living conditions. Otherwise the difference from not take the pills might be cancelled out by different life styles.

That is said, most of the people who take multi-vitamins are not the people who actually need it. They are already getting enough from the food. Those who do not get enough nutrition are not usually the one would buy multi-vitamins.

Comment

I eat a relatively balanced diet but I still go for vitamin supplementation to keep my body in a healthier condition. Our body goes through a normal wear and tear process and we would normally not notice this at all specially when we're young and vigorous. Taking vitamin supplements gives me an assurance that I'm helping increase my body's immunity and helping it fight unseen and undetected infection or harmful elements.

Comment

I haven't noticed any difference either whether I take a multivitamin pill or not. I'm a bit haphazard when it comes to remembering to take a pill every single day. Sometimes I get too busy and forget. I can remember to give my dogs any medication that they might need, but myself I just seem to not think about so much. I have some multivitamins that I can take, and also some glucosamine tablets. My neck grinds a bit sometimes and I take a glucosamine supplement for a few days and it helps very quickly. When I don't take it for a while the grind in my neck comes back again. This tells me that taking a daily vitamin supplement would help even if we don't really notice any difference.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                              Working...
                              X