No announcement yet.

Multi-vitamins for healthy living

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read somewhere one time that people who take a multi vitamin every day don't live as long as those who don't. I mean that sounds really weird, but I am not sure that the health effects of multi vitamins have been proven. By the same token, there are certain vitamins and supplements that probably should be taken especially if you are older. Vitamin D and Calcium are important to take.

Comment

Even if you are getting a balanced diet daily, the fact remains that the recommended daily intake (RDI) is not easy to achieve without taking supplements. An individual has to consume a large quantity of fruits and vegetables. Might be the OP was consuming foods that negatively interact with vitamins as is the case with tea.

Comment

When I was a kid, my mother used to buy all kinds of vitamin supplements for me. She was worried that I was not getting proper nutrition although the food we ate was, in my opinion, pretty well-balanced. When I grew up and lived on my own, I hardly take any vitamin supplements. However, just a couple of days ago, on my monthly regular visit to the doctor, my doctor suggested that I should consider taking some Vitamin E supplements. No, not for the anti-aging effect. It's for my skin problem. I have a skin fungal infection which has been there for months despite applying anti-fungal cream regularly. I cam back home and looked up Vitamin E. Apparently, sunflower seeds have a very high percentage of Vitamin E. Half-a-cup of sunflower seeds would supply about 60% of my daily need. So I went out to buy a big packet of sunflower seeds. I have been eating them for three days already but I don't think I have even finished half-a-cup. So, maybe I should really look into getting some Vitamin E supplements.
        Check out the Three Foot Solution at http://www.areesportal.com

Comment

Multi-vitamins for healthy living

There are lots of good reasons to take a multivitamin. Even the best eating plans can fall short of meeting all of the 40-plus nutrients you need each day. Most Americans fail to meet dietary recommendations for many reasons, including strict dieting, poor appetite, changing nutritional needs, or less-than-healthy food choices. Taking a once-daily multivitamin is an easy way to fill in small nutritional gaps.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
          Working...
          X