Glucomannan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glucomannan

Has anyone used Glucomannan before and had success with it? I've started using it to help with my insulin resistance due to PCOS and I really hope it helps me. I've been using it consistently for about 3 weeks now and have had ok results. I think I'll stick with it for a while to see how it goes. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience to share?

It's ok.......what exactly are you hoping it will do for you? Glucomannan can be moderately effective at curbing appetite because when combined with water it expands to many times its dry size - leaving you feeling full if you take enough. That is really its only function though - to make you feel less hungry. It works fairly well at it - better than most supplements used for this purpose. It is also safe - unlike a lot of "natural" supplements. Just make sure you swallow the pills with a lot of water, since you DO NOT want it starting to expand while still caught in your throat......
    Proud owner of a happy pet Cthulhu......

Comment

I'm hoping that it helps control my blood sugar, which will help with my insulin resistance. There's a lot of information out there that says it can really help with blood sugar levels. I think it functions more than just as an appetite suppressant. At least that's what I've read. To me, it seems it helps control appetites BECAUSE of the other things it does. At least that's what I got out of the research I've done. Thanks for your reply!

Comment

Originally posted by FaithShekinah View Post
        I'm hoping that it helps control my blood sugar, which will help with my insulin resistance. There's a lot of information out there that says it can really help with blood sugar levels. I think it functions more than just as an appetite suppressant. At least that's what I've read. To me, it seems it helps control appetites BECAUSE of the other things it does. At least that's what I got out of the research I've done. Thanks for your reply!
        I'm not aware of any research showing this to be the case, and I looked before responding again. All I see on the subject are questionable claims by people involved in the selling or marketing of glucomannan supplements. The function by which it controls appetite is most certainly not because of anything else it may or may not do - it is due solely to the fact that it expands and gels when exposed to liquid. It creates a full feeling by expanding to many times its dry size. This is the only function by which it controls appetite.

If that is what you're looking for, it is one of the few "natural" supplements I WOULD actually recommend. If you're looking for other effects, I wouldn't waste your time or money......and I CERTAINLY wouldn't advise depending on it to control blood sugar when dealing with a serious condition like diabetes.
        Proud owner of a happy pet Cthulhu......

Comment

Originally posted by FaithShekinah View Post
          I also heard some things on this supplement though I have never tried this one because this is not yet widely available here in my country and it might be a little bit expensive. Well, because this is proven not to be harmful to the body, the best thing you can do then is to really try it and see if it can help your problem. And then tell us your experience later.
          I Just Love SmartHealthShop!

Comment

Any more opinions on Glucomannan?
            Smart Health Shop
            SHS Facebook
            Powder City bulk supplements discount!

NPC Physique and SmartHealthShop.com Athlete
            Supplementing Your Health Starts Here

Comment

thank you for your good answers, useful.
              bank of america customer service
              Last edited by Desy91; 11-13-2017, 09:30 PM.
              dqfansurvey.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
              Working...
              X