Best vitamins for children?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best vitamins for children?

My younger daughter is a vegetarian. She is a very picky eater so I am worries that I am not balancing her diet properly. What are the best vitamins for children? Is there a vitamin especially made for vegetarian children?

Originally posted by zukichucha View Post
    My younger daughter is a vegetarian. She is a very picky eater so I am worries that I am not balancing her diet properly. What are the best vitamins for children? Is there a vitamin especially made for vegetarian children?
    All she needs is a multivitamin, and if she'll take it, some good quality fish oil. Depending on how picky she is she may not be getting enough calcium/protein, so calcium supplements may be beneficial as well. I remember reading somewhere you can only really add bone density until about age 18, so make sure she's getting enough! And as for protein, I'm not a vegetarian, but I know there are a lot of quality protein sources for vegetarians, so someone on here can definitely name some for you

Comment

Originally posted by Niconi View Post
      All she needs is a multivitamin, and if she'll take it, some good quality fish oil.
      If she's old enough to know she wants to be a vegetarian by choice to, say, avoid eating those cute little animals, etc, then I wouldn't recommend fish oil. After all, it's made from fish, and she may or may not feel like it's okay to eat fish as well. If she's doing it more because she just doesn't like the taste of red meat at her young age, then I wouldn't even bother mentioning that the supplement is made with fish, and tell her it's a vitamin she should take.
      Do you play with your food? I certainly do. Quirky Cookery

Comment

She wants to be a vet so she decided to a vegetarian to protest for animal rights. She still eats fish though. She says fish are caught, not slaughtered like animals so it is different. Also she says fish reproduce much faster.

Thanks for the idea of fish oil and calcium supplements. She eats peanut butter and vegetarian beans daily but I want to make sure I am doing all I can to balance her diet.

Comment

My daughter takes AquaDeks. It's a fat soluble vitamin. It is prescribed by her doctor, so I don't know if you can get it over the counter any where. You could always ask your daughter's pediatrician. They could probably point you towards something that will help balance her diet and get the vitamins she needs.

Comment

Originally posted by zukichucha View Post
            She wants to be a vet so she decided to a vegetarian to protest for animal rights. She still eats fish though. She says fish are caught, not slaughtered like animals so it is different. Also she says fish reproduce much faster.
            Well if you want to continue letting her believe that for the sake of not cutting out another meal option, then I certainly won't judge. At some point, she's going to learn that fish aren't just caught, though.....they have farms of them where they're raised and slaughtered just like any other animal is. She may be changing her mind at that point and you'll want to have a backup of options other than fish oil still.
            Do you play with your food? I certainly do. Quirky Cookery

Comment

Originally posted by Jessi View Post
              Well if you want to continue letting her believe that for the sake of not cutting out another meal option, then I certainly won't judge. At some point, she's going to learn that fish aren't just caught, though.....they have farms of them where they're raised and slaughtered just like any other animal is. She may be changing her mind at that point and you'll want to have a backup of options other than fish oil still.
              We have to be supportive of our children and encourage them even if we don't understand or agree with their choices. Thanks for letting me know about the fish farms. I didn't know about that but I will deal with it if and when she learns about it. Btw, thanks for not "judging me", too many times I have people with condescending comments try to put me down!

Comment

The first thing I saw was that your daughter was vegetarian, BE CAREFUL of iron deficiency! It's best if you supplement her with iron, apart from just the multivitamins. Good luck!

Comment

best vitamins for kids

I have a great list for the best vitamins for kids.

Comment

I thank you for the information! I was looking for and could not find. You helped me!

Comment

Ok so here is a children's premium vitamin that is caffeine free, non gmo, gluten free. Here is a short video.
                      https://boostmythrive.le-vel.com/Products/THRIVE/Kids

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                      Working...
                      X