Donald Trump

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump speaks during a news conference Saturday, March 5, 2016, in West Palm Beach, Florida. (AP photo)

Comparing a politician to Adolf Hitler is nothing new.

Liberals compared former President George W. Bush to the despised Nazi leader during his administration, and President Barrack Obama has received the same slam from conservatives.

But GOP contender Donald Trump has been compared to Hitler four times within a 48-hour period by liberals and conservatives.

Hurling the insult were:
  • Bill Maher – On Friday night, the HBO "Real Time" host noted a 1990 article in Vanity Fair reported that Trump "kept a volume of Hitler's speeches by his bedside." Maher added, "I think this tells us a lot about where Donald Trump is getting his ideas."
  • Louis C.K. –  In an email on Saturday to fans of his web series, the comic wrote, "Please stop it with voting for Trump. It was funny for a little while. But the guy is Hitler. And by that I mean that we are being Germany in the '30s. Do you think they saw the [expletive] coming? Hitler was just some hilarious and refreshing dude with a weird comb over who would say anything at all."
  • "Saturday Night Live" – The late night NBC show attacked Trump in two sketches. In the first, a cast member playing Trump compared himself to Hitler, while another skit, "Racists for Trump," showed a Trump supporter wearing a swastika armband.
  • Glenn Beck – The conservative commentator told ABC's "This Week" on Sunday morning, "You know, Adolf Hitler – we all look at Adolf Hitler in 1940. We should look at him in 1929. He was the kind of funny, character that said the things that people were thinking. Where Donald Trump takes it, I have absolutely no idea. But Donald Trump is a dangerous man with the things that he has been saying."
As for Trump, the candidate ignored the shots, focusing his attention instead to perceived slights by the New York Times and NBC's "Meet The Press."

He tweeted on Sunday, "David Brooks, of the New York Times, is closing in on being the dumbest of them all. He doesn't have a clue." An hour late, he posted, 
"@meetthepress and @chucktodd did a 1 hour hit job on me today – totally biased and mostly false. Dishonest media!"

http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t..._to_hitle.html