DANGIT

by Stardomrocks!!! I loved Taylor's past few albums. I think she WAS a BRILLIANT songwriter with dignity. This new song that came out including the video, disappointed me greatly. I think when you look at her previous masterpieces like "Back to December" lyrics like "this is me swallowing my pride standing in front of you saying I'm sorry for that night, and I go back to December all the time." Are so beautiful that I had her held to a high standard. When I heard she was releasing a single, I wasn't expecting,"haters gonna hate hate hate hate" or "good looking boy with hella hair" or whatever those lines are. I wanted something elegant and beautiful. Which is what I previously thought she was. However I'm sure she will stay relevant, which I'm assuming was her goal for this album. Since lyrically, so far, is not even on the same floor, the same building, as her previous works. Sorry for judging so quickly, but I was heartbroken by this horrendous first single.

Unexpected but Surprisingly Savvy

by musicspeaksloud I applaud Taylor for this. I like how she stepped out of her usual genre for this record. It really shows growth in her as an artist.

"Shake It Off" sounds more poppy than I would like it to but it's just the first single like her last era with "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together". Who knows what gems will come from this record.

by Olivia Peay We have been waiting for so long for this album. Two years of watching Taylor's every move and trying to get a grasp of what it will be. "Shake It Off" is phenomenal pop music. This album will be made up of phenomenal pop music. She's encompassed the 80's and found herself yet again in what is sure to be a record-breaking, award winning album. Love always Tay. I'm so happy for you, and for 1989.