Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non cows milk

rice milk, hemp milk, hazlenut milk, oat milk, coconut milk, almond milk, soy milk, etc..
    Which have you tried? What'd you think?

Rank the non-dairy milks you've tried from best to worst by taste. which flavoring and brand, if any, do you prefer?

my experience-
    Almond milk- I like the "Pacific" brand. Organic, unsweetened. I love almond flavors in general, so the flavoring works for me. I just wish it tasted less watery and "grainy." I've heard that making your own almond milk might be a solution to to the watery taste, although I've yet to try that.

Soy milk- "Silk" brand- taste bad and bland. Tried a while ago, but tasted something like bad water with chalk maybe? Couldn't finish it.

Bought coconut milk (the one in the carton, not the can), but I've yet to try it.
    Mario is my favorite singer of all time. Wanna hear my favorite song? The Walls from Marios 5th album Restoration http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB5txJYCCgs

I have tired coconut milk (fresh), soy milk and rice milk. Coconut milk is used in dishes rather than drinking it directly. I would put soy milk in the first rank in terms of taste for me and then rice milk and coconut milk. All are very nutritious and all are very much available in the market.
    My Site & My Blog Diary

Comment

try camel milk its considered to be most nutritious but is a warm one

Comment

I'm not a traditional milk drinker. For years, I couldn't stand the thought of drinking cow's milk. When I started eating healthier, I discovered there's numerous alternatives to it. I love rice milk, soy milk, coconut milk and almond milk. Eventually, I'm going to learn how to make my own.

Comment

I have tried soy milk and it definitely takes some getting used to. It is very thick and the texture is not appealing at all. I cannot drink just the plain soy milk, I have to have the chocolate, it is far more bearable. I have not tried almond milk but I think I am going to purchase some next because soy milk is so disgusting to me lol.

Comment

I've tried soy milk, rice milk, and coconut milk. I prefer soy milk over both rice and coconut milk. I don't like the fact that the rice milk is so thin, and the coconut milk is really gross to me. My son had to drink soy milk exclusively for over a year because the doctors swore that he was allergic to cow's milk. Turns out he wasn't, but we all drank soy milk for quite a long time and got very used to it. They're all too expensive if you ask me though.

Comment

I have problems with cow milk so I tried soy Milk. I didn't really like it as much as cow milk so I started to look for other kinds of milk substitutes that I would like. I found Coconut milk and just stuck with it. I love it
              Forum Chat

Comment

I have tried drinking soy milk, and it really taste good. I bought the soy milk with the vanilla flavor. It kind of tasted like ice cream and a rich texture. Soy milk is nutritious and tasty if you choose the right flavor. I have never tried the other types of non dairy milk, but maybe sometime in the future I will give some of them a try.

Comment

I've tried soy milk before, it's very sweet, most likely cause it has so much sugar. The rice or almond milk seems like a healthier alternative. Also, no anti-biotics like you might get with cow's milk.
                  ChatloungeBB
                  Please join my forum

Comment

I love almond milk. It is by far my favorite as far as taste go and possibly the healthiest. Studies have shown that almonds are very good for the health, can possibly prevent cancers and help you lose weight. You can get it both fortified and non fortified, as well in a variety of flavors.

Comment

Originally posted by moneymakingmom View Post
                      I've tried soy milk before, it's very sweet, most likely cause it has so much sugar. The rice or almond milk seems like a healthier alternative. Also, no anti-biotics like you might get with cow's milk.
                      Was the soy milk Silk? They have a lot of added sugars.
                      Forum Chat

Comment

Yes, i do believe it was silk. It was very delicious like a dessert treat. A friend of mine told me to stop drinking it when i complimented the brand and said how good it tasted in coffee. She said, well of course, cause it's loaded with sugars.
                        ChatloungeBB
                        Please join my forum

Comment

I don't know how that soy milk you tasted was made because here in my place I like soy milk so much and I have no problem with the way it taste -- maybe because they are adding fruit flavors into it or maybe it is because of the way it is cooked. I have never tried and tasted rice milk though rice is in abundance here in my country. Coconut milk is extract taken from the coconut meat and usually mix with native dishes. Of all in the list that I tried, I would rank soy milk on the top as the most acceptable to my preference.
                          I Just Love SmartHealthShop!

Comment

I think almond milk is best in terms of taste - and health! Soy is known to promote estrogen like properties in the body, so it can be bad for men, they don't need estrogen! And it can be bad for women as well... Almonds, on the other hand, are extremely healthy and actually cancer fighting! The SILK chocolate almond milk is delicious! Tastes like a Yoo-hoo. I know you wanted to know about non-dairy milk, but goat milk is also a great substitute. It tastes great and most people who are lactose intolerant can still drink it because it digests differently... check it out!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                            Working...
                            X