Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is Cyanocobalamin?

Cyanocobalamin is a water-soluble member of the B family of vitamins which is more commonly referred to as vitamin B12. This vitamin doesnt occur naturally. Instead, it is synthesized by the conversion of hydroxocobalamin, which is produced from various strains of bacteria through an exchange of cyanide molecules and then purified with exposure to activated charcoal. Since this nutrient is considered the most air-stable member of the vitamin B family, it is also the most commonly used form of vitamin B12 utilized in the food and dietary supplement industries.
    It should be noted that while cyanocobalamin is recognized as a form of vitamin B12, it isnt the only one. In fact, the two terms are not necessarily interchangeable. Vitamin B12 actually represents a class of chemically related vitamins that exhibit similar pharmacological characteristics. Still, since cyanocobalamin is the form most stable and easily absorbed form, its likely to be included in the list of ingredients on a bottle of multivitamins where the vitamin B12 content is given.
    Hercules B-Complex can provide nutritional support for energy, healthy skin, stress control, positive mental functioning and immune response.* In addition, research shows B-Complex enhances the nervous system and the red blood cell formation.*

B-Complex
    Eight interacting, diverse B vitamins, also known as "Stress B"
    Helps the body obtain energy from food, strengthens the nervous system and red blood cell formation
    Enhances immune response

Good information

I take vitamins daily and recently I've started taking Vitamin B12 on the advice of my doctor. I have thyroid disease which apparently can result in vitamin B12 deficiency. I have been trying to find out more info on this so I appreciate the info here. It is helpful and it's helping me make a decision as to have B12 shots instead of a daily supplement. My doctor has suggested this but I wanted to find out more about this.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X