Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning For The Pet Lovers

I know pets keep the man happy especially for the men who are lonely but there are some risks also. Some diseases are spread due to pets. Though most of the pet keepers keep the pet clean with regularly visiting the vet clinic, the failure to do can cause some of the worst skin diseases for the humans.

Five diseases your pets can give you - The Times of India

Nice try at scaring people, I've had dogs for over 30 years and have not once caught anything from any of them. If you want to think negative then you can catch a disease from shaking hands with a friend or family member.
    Dean Saliba
    How To Make Money Online ~ Freelance Writer

Comment

Please tell me this was a joke

While a good deal of animals do have some sort of disease or bacteria that can cross over, the vast majority of viruses and the like that affect animals do NOT effect humans, and vice versa.

What you are talking about is a rarity -either you are trying to scare people OR you may have some personal experience that is giving you a bit of confirmation bias.

Comment

I read the article in the link from top to bottom. A few times. Somehow my old eyes cannot find the reference to the source of all that information. So what did I miss?
        Check out the Three Foot Solution at http://www.areesportal.com

Comment

Well, I have not yet caught an illness or likewise passed an illness to my cats...it has only been a year with them, but in confined spaces I probably would have caught or passed something by now. Animals and people for the most part have intricately unique immune systems.
          Smart Health Shop
          SHS Facebook
          Powder City bulk supplements discount!

NPC Physique and SmartHealthShop.com Athlete
          Supplementing Your Health Starts Here

Comment

I'm a dog owner, my little Yorkie is my dearest treasure, I adore him. I don't worry about catching a disease from him. Of course I don't kiss him and I always wash my hands after stroking him, but that's it. Animals are our friends
            "I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. ― Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Leigh View Post
              I read the article in the link from top to bottom. A few times. Somehow my old eyes cannot find the reference to the source of all that information. So what did I miss?

Probably your old eyes missed the second page.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Leigh View Post

Comment

Originally posted by ghanashyam View Post
                  On page 2, I can see lots of ads from Google. What I am looking for are links to the sources of information which the author of the article used to write the article. btw who is the author of the article and what are his credentials?
                  Check out the Three Foot Solution at http://www.areesportal.com

Comment

I grew up having dogs in the family and now I also have a cat with me.
                    I agree that there could be diseases but these were very rare cases and usually true if pets are not properly handled or cared.
                    My Site & My Blog Diary

Comment

I'm a dog owner myself and have yet to catch any skin diseases from them *knock on wood* but you do need to be careful to not to catch worms by not walking around in your bare feet outside and making sure to clean up their waste within 2 days of them going outside or certain worms will infect the soil. And of course to make sure your washing your hands after touching your pet before you eat anything.

Comment

We have 2 cats and a dog. We bathe the animals regularly and have instructed the kids to wash their hands after petting the animals. My kids know that they should always wear shoes outside and even around the house. None of my kids have gotten sick from our pets. I am aware of the diseases that can be passed but the chances become less if you are careful. The benefits of having the dog and the cats far outweight the slim chances of getting ill.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                        Working...
                        X