Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural And Cheap Gargle

I was searching for a natural alternative to alcohol-based mouth gargles popularly available in the grocery shelves. Then I learned that we can instead opt for something natural and so cheap. Since 3 months ago I have been using apple cider vinegar every morning as my gargle.

After I gargle, I then brush like usual. Apple cider vinegar is very effective in killing the bacteria in the mouth but without disrupting the good bacteria component. It likewise good in neutralizing stains from the food we eat and from drinks we take. In addition, it can also whiten teeth.

Plus because it is natural and has no alcohol added, there are no side-effects.
    I Just Love SmartHealthShop!

I can 't remember where I read it, but I read that long term use of vingear will eat the enamel off teeth. Has anyone else heard this? Since vingear does have acid like properties, I think I am going to stick to plain old baking soda and water. That too, can be used as a mouthwash/toothpaste.

Comment

Wow I have never heard or thought of this. I may give it a try. Since you are brushing right after, I don't think enamel erosion should be a problem.

Comment

I am not yet aware about it and it was nice to know it here. Apple cider vinegar is natural and guaranteed safer than those commercialized gargles in the market. I might use it when I had the opportunity to buy Apple cider vinegar.
        My Site & My Blog Diary

Comment

Originally posted by sljaws View Post
          I can 't remember where I read it, but I read that long term use of vingear will eat the enamel off teeth. Has anyone else heard this? Since vingear does have acid like properties, I think I am going to stick to plain old baking soda and water. That too, can be used as a mouthwash/toothpaste.
          Baking soda is another very beneficial natural compound to clean our teeth and the mouth area. As to your concern, maybe it is true. However compared to alcohol-based gargle, ACV is still preferable.
          I Just Love SmartHealthShop!

Comment

What about diluted hydrogen peroxide? Very cheap. I used to use it when I had a problem with canker sores (on doctor's advice). I haven't tried ACV, though I would be worried about enamel also.

Comment

In the old days, my mom used to give me half a cup of lukewarm water with 3 tbsp of vinegar and 1 tbsp of rock salt. It was very effective in relieving the pain caused by tonsillitis as salt is a natural dehydrator. In medicine, when nurses clean a patient's wounds they use normal saline solutions consisting of rock salt and water. Maybe it'd also be a good idea to add rock salt in the vinegar solution you used.

Comment

I never thought apple cider vinegar can be used as a gargle too! It's safer compared to commercial ones from the grocery, plus it is cheaper in the long run. I just wonder if there is a particular brand to be used? Or any apple cider will do? Because I have Heinz here in the kitchen, do you think that will do?

Comment

Amazing how apple cider vinegar is being used as alternative to cure or clean something. I read it most of the time actually like remedies on some ailments. I think I should give a try too.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                  Working...
                  X