Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Aromatic Herb For Headache?

Do you know that theres an aromatic herb which is also a natural headache remedy and can effectively relieve the pain of tension headaches just as fast as over-the-counter aspirin and over-the-counter analgesics like Tylenol?

If you are suffering from tension headaches, then you should know that this the most common type of headaches experienced by a vast cross-section of the population. Statistics show that 95% of women and 90% of men have at least one headache per year, and approximately 1 out of every 6 people in America experience the agony of chronic tension headaches.

So what is this aromatic herb we are talking about? Researchers have long known that peppermint oil with its main active constituent menthol -- has an analgesic and cooling effect when applied on the skin. Menthol calms and soothes the agitated nerve fibers in the aching region and can rapidly make the pain gone in minutes.

Try this now. Peppermint oil is available anywhere. It is purely natural, safe and could work as effective as that of other pain-reducing artificial medications.

Source: Natural Herbal Headache Remedy Better Than Tylenol : Underground Health Reporter
    I Just Love SmartHealthShop!

I would also want to use natural remedies in treating my headache rather than drinking medicines to deal with it immediately. I had tried such oil before and I could say that it works. Some citrus fruits could also lessen headaches such as smelling oranges. I also find resting and sleeping as a good way to deal with my headaches with some gentle head massages.
    My Site & My Blog Diary

Comment

Wow. Probably those like magic beans if your going to think of it. Hope it will come out with pills even though natural one is best also for application. Aside of it is the convient way to use it but need to look for it.

Comment

Originally posted by zararina View Post
        I would also want to use natural remedies in treating my headache rather than drinking medicines to deal with it immediately. I had tried such oil before and I could say that it works. Some citrus fruits could also lessen headaches such as smelling oranges. I also find resting and sleeping as a good way to deal with my headaches with some gentle head massages.
        Just taking a little rest coupled with some traditional aromatherapy can work wonders for anyone having a headache due to some stress. Of course, if the problem has underlying cause then probably it is time to seek medical attention. We have to make natural products and techniques our first line of defense so as to avoid side-effects.
        I Just Love SmartHealthShop!

Comment

Oh, that is why I feel relieved everytime I smell my menthol balm when I have headache or migraine attacks. Aside from smelling the menthol balm, I also put it on my lids, my forehead, and my nape. It gives a relief after a minute or so.

Maybe I should also buy a menthol deodorizer. I have found a deodorizer from Stanhome called Stan-Wick and they have a menthol scent. Maybe that will also help, aside from it will make my office smell really fresh and cool. I will go and buy that next week.

Comment

Thank you so much for sharing! My husband and I both get headaches due to stress a lot of times and the next time we go shopping we will have to pick up some peppermint oil. I would much rather use natural than other things that could affect our organs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
            Working...
            X