Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What motivates you to exercise?

What motivates you to get up and exercise? Has the motivation changed over a period of time?

What first got me up and moving was my daughter now that I have lost a lot of weight, I enjoy seeing how much I can push myself with new exercises.

Well, the first thing that motivates me is being healthy.. I know that if I make exercises, my body will feel better... Then comes the desire to be in good shape and have a beautiful body.. It's always great when I see someone who hasn't done any exercises.. Then I can tell myself: "You are better!". Last, but not least, exercises help me strengthen my will and spirit.. Just the fact that I can make myself do all these things speaks a lot.. This leads to better self-esteem!
    Best regards!
    If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes!
    If you want to know how to make money online see THIS!

Comment

I think my biggest motivation is that I love myself. Not in any kind of self centered way, however I do feel that I deserve to be healthy and happy. The problem with being overweight is that it WILL harm your health. I don't want to make choices that hurt me because I deserve better than that. I wouldn't let other people hurt me so why would I do that to myself. Once I realized this and REALLY understood what it meant, I know that I had to really get my diet and exercise under control, just out of respect to myself.

Comment

I read self help books, which I find they are very motivational for me. My spirts get lifted, puts me in a good mood and then I am ready to go! I have also listened to self help tapes and that to gets me going.

Comment

My children also motivate me. Having a 17 yr. old daughter does nothing good for the self-esteem of an aging body but it does help to get you trying. When we feel we have gain a little to much, it becomes a challenge to see who can lose 5 lbs. first (only in a healthy way). Also, going on bike rides with my 7 yr. old are good exercise. Keeping up to a child's energy level is always a good motivation!
          Come see me at my blog! http://joriesjustgirlsandstuff.blogspot.com

Comment

I am more concerned on my health and that is my prime motivator. Of course, all the fringe benefits like looking good and having a more alert mental capacity are all good to have. However, we also have to admit that there are times when it is becoming like a drag. But with self-disciple and a strong willpower, we can always go back to our established regimen. Motivation is really very necessary so as not to just give up and forget on doing the regular exercise.
            I Just Love SmartHealthShop!

Comment

Well, I can't really tell you what movivates me because I don't exercise like I should. I think it's because my job already requires a lot of movement that I really don't need to exercise. On the other hand, I think if I add exercises to my daily life I would see better results in the way I look and feel. Several years ago, I use to exercise and just seeing results were movitvation enough.
              I met this trainer online and I asked how does he stay motivated to do his exercises and he said music. If you exercise to music you will stay motivated enough to even do the actual exercises. He said to pick the songs you like and that will help you to exercise regularly!!

Comment

Personally, I just want to live as long as I can looking good for me and my lady. If there was no lady, I might take it down a notch. Knowing the sacrifice it takes to maintain good healthy habits is a turn on for me. It makes you feel special and it exhibits strength and self-control.

Comment

Originally posted by vartanus View Post
                  Personally, I just want to live as long as I can looking good for me and my lady. If there was no lady, I might take it down a notch. Knowing the sacrifice it takes to maintain good healthy habits is a turn on for me. It makes you feel special and it exhibits strength and self-control.
                  This is really sweet. You're making sure you can spend more time with your partner. I think it's a show of love that we do these kind of things for our them. It's another form of saying that every second we spend with them is precious.

Most of us get motivated just by knowing that our health can be in jeopardy anytime soon. I used to be motivated because I had difficulty picking a wardrobe and that most of the shirts and pants I used to love wearing no longer fit. I was not the type who loved purchasing clothes so it was obvious and far cheaper to just exercise than stick to a healthy diet.

But now that I'm older, not getting enough exercise becomes apparent in my health. I easily get tired and unhappy because my serotonin levels aren't high enough. Doing exercises raises the serotonin levels, making us less prone to depression. Exercising also keeps us fit and healthy. That's enough motivation for me.

Comment

When some of my favorite clothes (specially the T-shirts) become fitter or does not fit anymore and a belly was becoming too obvious, it makes me want to run or do biking in the park.
                    Usually my clothes are my reference if I am gaining more weight and it helps me be motivated to do certain exercises or workouts. I do not want too fit clothes and I do not want that my belly looks big or popping out. Thinking that doing exercises could makes me healthier also serve as my motivation to keep doing even those simple exercises that can be done at home.
                    My Site & My Blog Diary

Comment

Oddly enough, my most effective motivation has been dating a guy who loved me, but didn't like my body.... as strange as that sounds. I don't even know why he started dating me - or perhaps it was all in my head. Either way, it worked. He works out all the time and is beautiful... and I am not unattractive at 5'3 and 105 lbs, but I am not toned the way I should be and have an intense desire to get that way now.

Comment

Originally posted by n_r_b View Post
                        Oddly enough, my most effective motivation has been dating a guy who loved me, but didn't like my body.... as strange as that sounds. I don't even know why he started dating me - or perhaps it was all in my head. Either way, it worked. He works out all the time and is beautiful... and I am not unattractive at 5'3 and 105 lbs, but I am not toned the way I should be and have an intense desire to get that way now.
                        Very nice motivation. I think with the help of love, you become so motivated to make yourself look good physically. This guy must have all the charisma -- that pulling charismatic charm -- that maybe without telling you he encouraged you to do something which is really healthy and is the way to be sexy and beautiful. Congratulations on your love and your newly found healthy lifestyle!
                        I Just Love SmartHealthShop!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                        Working...
                        X