Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Greatly Admire Breastfeeding Mothers

Doctor and scientists are unison in saying that breast milk remains to be the most ideal food or drink for the baby. It has the perfect combination of proteins, fats, carbohydrate, and fluids that new-born babies require for physical growth and mental development. Up to now no manufactured baby formula could ever comes close to the mothers milk. It is the flow of natural life and no one could ever copy that.

There are a lot of advantages breastfeeding could give both to the baby and the mother. And they are numerous to list here.

I always admire mothers who sacrifice perceived inconvenience in order to gift their babies a better foundation for their future through breastfeeding.
    I Just Love SmartHealthShop!

That reminds me of what someone said about milk powder:

Cow milk is great for cow babies.

I totally agree with you on this point. Mothers who breast-feed should be given medals. Really. They are giving the best for their child. Women who think that breast-feeding spoils their figure or whatever should not be allowed to bear children in the first place. Infant formula should only be given as the last resort.

Maybe someday, some man will write up a better version of the pre-nuptial agreement which includes the clause that the wife will agree to breast-feed any offspring born thereof. Or maybe some one might print up some t-shirts with this message:

I was breast-fed and I am eternally grateful to my mother for that.
    Check out the Three Foot Solution at http://www.areesportal.com

Comment

I agree with the original poster! I admire all the women who were able to breastfeed continuously through the first year. I tried to breastfeed and I was able to do so for a few months, but I was having latch on problems and I was also hospitalized for another health issue. Before that, I tried to exclusively pump and it was very hard work! That is why women should be praised for breastfeeding. It is a job within itself!

Comment

Originally posted by ThisOldMan View Post
        That reminds me of what someone said about milk powder: Cow milk is great for cow babies.

I totally agree with you on this point. Mothers who breast-feed should be given medals. Really. They are giving the best for their child. Women who think that breast-feeding spoils their figure or whatever should not be allowed to bear children in the first place. Infant formula should only be given as the last resort.

Maybe someday, some man will write up a better version of the pre-nuptial agreement which includes the clause that the wife will agree to breast-feed any offspring born thereof. Or maybe some one might print up some t-shirts with this message: I was breast-fed and I am eternally grateful to my mother for that.
        We should really recognize mothers who are doing everything possible so that their children will given a strong advantage in terms of physical and mental development. The thing is we should really promote breastfeeding and we must tell all women that this is something cool to do.

Comment

Yeah, breastfeeding is awesome! It really shows how great the bond between mother and child is. Children fed that way are proven to be stronger, healthier, even more intelligent! Actually, it's very sad that some mothers just don't have the possibility of feeding their children that way!
          Best regards
          If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes!
          If you want to know how to make money online see THIS!

Comment

I have no problem with mothers who have valid reasons not to breastfeed their babies due to health concerns or other grounds. What is not so fine are mothers who refused to breastfeed just because they are afraid to lose the shape of their breast. Breasts are made for feeding the baby. though, I have to say that I also respect decisions of all women since it is their bodies anyway. I just hope that they could feel the importance of giving a good foundation for their babies.

Comment

Actually, it is now said that breast feeding helps new mothers to lose weight fast. I think that is another good reason for mothers to breast feed their babies. Breast milk is really the best food for babies and it was really nice to know that more and more mothers are breast feeding their babies as long/much as they could. This could result to more healthier and brighter generation.
              My Site & My Blog Diary

Comment

Originally posted by ThisOldMan View Post
                That reminds me of what someone said about milk powder:

Cow milk is great for cow babies.

Maybe someday, some man will write up a better version of the pre-nuptial agreement which includes the clause that the wife will agree to breast-feed any offspring born thereof. Or maybe some one might print up some t-shirts with this message:

I was breast-fed and I am eternally grateful to my mother for that.
                The prenuptial agreement post was funny but I doubt men would be able to have the power to impose that on women.

I was breast.fed too but in a shorter period compared to my sister. I suppose that's why she's smarter and healthier than I am. Breastfeeding is cheap and beneficial for both mother and child. For one, it's less expensive then buying milk. The mother's antibodies and nutrients are transmitted to the child which can help prevent childhood diseases and lower the risks of others. The colostrum in the milk coats the GI tract that keeps bacteria from penetrating. And studies have shown, children who've been breastfed have higher IQs, too

Benefits for breastfeeding mothers included hastening the process of getting back to their original non-pregnancy state (they lost weight faster) and reduced risk of reproductive health related cancers.

Comment

That is right Zazarina, breastfeeding can help the mother to maintain her weight and this is something we should be promoting to make breastfeeding appear as cool as it should be. I heard that another benefit is that it is also a very good contraceptive though I don't have the details fro that one. Taking all the advantages together, we can tell pregnant women that breastfeeding is the best way to go. If I am the President of any country, i would personally promote breastfeeding by giving incentives to those mothers who are not selfish to share what their children should have -- a competitive head start in life.

Comment

It is a good feeling breastfeeding your baby. I felt such a bond. I plan on breastfeeding this little one as well I wish the breast pumps were not so expensive, I think more women would pump and store the milk for their return to milk and the like if the breast pumps were affordable.

Comment

I breastfed for two years. I didn't find it an inconvenience, I loved every second and so did my sweet baby...

The only down-side for me is one that most women face, what it does to your breasts and what your idiot man thinks of your body after the fact. Men want children, but it seems to me that they want to find one woman for the breeding and then one woman who has no children to satisfy their sexual needs for the other half of their lives - rarely do they ever want both in one woman. Whatever. I will still breastfeed any future children. We can't stay young forever... even that hot blonde with the fake breasts...

Comment

Originally posted by n_r_b View Post
                        I breastfed for two years. I didn't find it an inconvenience, I loved every second and so did my sweet baby...

The only down-side for me is one that most women face, what it does to your breasts and what your idiot man thinks of your body after the fact. Men want children, but it seems to me that they want to find one woman for the breeding and then one woman who has no children to satisfy their sexual needs for the other half of their lives - rarely do they ever want both in one woman. Whatever. I will still breastfeed any future children. We can't stay young forever... even that hot blonde with the fake breasts...
                        I understand the predicament which you just stated. No matter how we might avoid this thing, this is a reality which most wives have to contend with their husbands. I think the best solution would be to talk to the husband and lay down to him the reasons why breastfeeding has to be done and the consequences to the wife's physical assets because of the decision. A man who is truly thinking after the future of his children should never be selfish to only think of himself and the satisfaction of his natural libido.

Comment

I love women who don't breast feed in public!!! I support breast feeding for sure and breast fed all three of my children. However, I can not stand when woman does this in public. I would find a bathroom, private room, or my car if I was out. I would avoid places that didn't have a private areas. I know it is a beautiful thing but it is between a mother and child not the world. I had a friends that would just whip it out anywhere and caused several people discomfort around her. Not to mention having to hide my sons eyes every time she raised her shirt.
                          Come see me at my blog! http://joriesjustgirlsandstuff.blogspot.com

Comment

You have a point there, M.H.West. This issue is a little like the issue of PDA which can make people uncomfortable. I think in some places, there are now breastfeeding areas intended for nursing mothers. Whenever possible, mothers must find a place where breastfeeding can be done away from the eyes of other people. Of course, not unless there is an emergency.

Comment

Breast feeding is definitely the ideal nourishment for infants. This has been said for many years, and most hospitals encourage mothers to breast feed just as soon as the baby is born. That being said, I've seen so many friends who have had numerous problems with not producing enough milk, or having very colicky and sick babies who didn't take well to breast milk even when the moms ate an ideal diet. I feel bad for these moms because most moms want what's best for their babies, but are prevented from delivering it. Kudos to all those moms who are physically able and choose to give their babies breast milk. However, I am not judging or putting down others who choose not to breast feed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                              Working...
                              X