Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simmer Down With Yogic Techniques

Is it hot enough for you? If so, cool yourself down with some simple yogic breathing techniques. Here’s a good one: Use your right thumb to close off your right nostril. Close your eyes and breathe deeply through the left nostril, with a long, slow inhale and exhale. As you draw your breath in, observe the subtle changes that take place in your body. Continue for 3 minutes.

How does it work? The ancient yogis drew a map of the human body that included two major nerve pathways, the Ida and Pingala. These energy channels cool or heat the body as needed and end in a nerve along the ridge of your nostrils. The Ida is located on the left nostril and is responsible for cooling the body. Breathing this way may be a bit difficult at first, but if you concentrate and stick with it for just a few minutes, an oasis of cooling awaits.

Taken From: http://www.yogamint.com/_webapp_3941229/Simmer_Down
    I am always curious with yoga and how it can bestow health benefits to my body. For guys who are already in yoga, the techniques presented above can help expand your horizon on this meditative program.
    I Just Love SmartHealthShop!
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
Working...
X