Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laughter is the Best Medicine

Laughter is a powerful antidote to stress, pain, and conflict. Nothing works faster or more dependably to bring your mind and body back into balance than a good laugh. Humor lightens your burdens, inspires hopes, connects you to others, and keeps you grounded, focused, and alert.

With so much power to heal and renew, the ability to laugh easily and frequently is a tremendous resource for surmounting problems, enhancing your relationships, and supporting both physical and emotional health.
    I have always recognized the importance of laughter. Whenever I am feeling a little down, I always put on a comedy movie or I will watch a funny sitcom on the television. Does anyone else find that humor helps you to relieve some stress?

Source

Definitely laughter relieves my stress. It is another form of distraction like music or other hobbies.

Unfortunately it is not the cure all be all of stress relievers. Wanting laughter is not the same as willing laughter because that only comes when everything is A-ok. For instance, laughter would be hard to do at a funeral precession.

Comment

Laughter gives us physical and emotional release hence reducing the build up of tension. It also reduces the production of stress hormones while increasing our endorphin and neurotransmitters (these are our health-enhancing hormones).

Lastly, aside from giving the diaphragm a good exercise. it also boosts the immune system by increasing the body's antibody-producing cells and enhancing the effectivity of the T-cells.

Comment

Laughter is definitely the best dose of medicine. I feel so much better physically it's almost like a natural high. Don't forget those long and hard laughs too. Those are really amazing because you are on cloud nine and you don't want to come back. Well, okay maybe not but I'm enjoying the emotional rush!
        Haopee I never knew the scientifc reasoning for laughing, great synapsis of how laughter plays into our physical and emotional well-being.

Comment

Laughing give us good vibes. But not just laughing but a laughter of happiness and good fun. There are laughs from a bad guys and I dont think its a good medicine to everyone. LOL. Stress relieving is about enjoying and laughing too.

Comment

Feeling happy really makes us healthier since it could improve our immune system. And we are not that susceptible to some illnesses/diseases and conditions like depression and stress.
            When I want to make myself happy, I eat my favorite foods like chocolates. I also hang out with friends since we could could have happy conversations. Some comedy movies could also make me laugh and feel better.
            My Site & My Blog Diary

Comment

Laughter actually release endorphines which are good for moods and stresses that have an affect on our bodies. I have been through the deaths of loved ones and even than when someone said something that made me laugh (some how they did) I could feel the positive effects it had on my whole being.

Comment

What would life be without laughter? This is similar to our sense of appreciation with music. Not all animals can laugh like we do and so we should use this ability to our own advantage. Laughter can help our immune system be at its peak in fighting infections and other health challenges. Laughter is now a recognize form of therapy. It can relieve our body with stress and stiffness. I even know that it can help in hypertension. And here in my country, laughter can help you get elected into the government as some actors are now holding elective positions but this is another issue lol. We should encourage people to get in touch with theri inner selves with laughter. i am sure we all know the many ways to smile and laugh.
                I Just Love SmartHealthShop!

Comment

Laughing and smiling really can bring you out of a bad mood. It can also make it possible for you to get through a difficult situation that may seem otherwise impossible!

It's also beneficial to surround yourself by others who will constantly make you laugh!

Comment

Originally posted by mholic View Post
                    Laughing give us good vibes. But not just laughing but a laughter of happiness and good fun. There are laughs from a bad guys and I dont think its a good medicine to everyone. LOL. Stress relieving is about enjoying and laughing too.
                    Yes, laughter from bad guys can be scary because they might be planning something which can harm other people. Laughter out of joy and happiness is the one we need to be in the right mood and helping our hardworking immune system get back on track and do its job of protecting and rejuvenating the body.

Comment

I love to laugh. It makes me feel so good and even makes me feel young again. I have always heard that laughter is the best medicine, but sadly it hasn't cured my anxiety/depression. Wouldn't it be wonderful if it could though?!

Comment

I could not live in a world without laughter!

Comment

If you need some instant laughter, visit the 'Damn you Autocorrect' website. It's my go-to no matter HOW sad or mad or stressed I am. You cannot read that site and not burst into uncontrollable laughter.

Comment

Originally posted by n_r_b View Post
                            If you need some instant laughter, visit the 'Damn you Autocorrect' website. It's my go-to no matter HOW sad or mad or stressed I am. You cannot read that site and not burst into uncontrollable laughter.
                            Thanks for sharing a very good site to laugh and forget the stress even for the time being. Laughter is the best medicine because even for a short time we can be able to forget all the problems we might be carrying. Later on we could develop a habit of not getting heavily affected by anything in life. And we should know that laughter loves a company as we are more inclined to be with a person who is ready to smile and laugh anytime.

Comment

I think laughter helps you also view things in a lighter sense. Even at a funeral, you should take time to remember the funny moments you had with the deceased. It will help ease the loss. I don't know much that laughter can't make better. Laughter is used in my house more than any other type of therapy out there.
                              Come see me at my blog! http://joriesjustgirlsandstuff.blogspot.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                              Working...
                              X