Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facial Exercises: Not Effective

It is a popular belief that facial exercise can help our face erase those visible lines and wrinkles. Well, there is a famous dermatologist who believes otherwise. Whats worse is that it can even encourage the skin to look older.

Facial exercises like making funny faces in repetitive manner can never give us the miracle of having a toned and shaped facial skin. This is according to Dr. Schultz. He can explain more in this video:

Last edited by AmazingP; 08-29-2011, 10:50 AM.
    I Just Love SmartHealthShop!

Is this a one doctor belief/study?
    I always thought that facial exercises could help us reduce fine lines as it was told before by some doctors or practitioners. I think there should be a deeper research study to give final judgement about facial exercises. But I could agree that making funny faces or facial distortions could even give wrinkles but not those simple facial exercises like jaw exercise and eyes exercises that believe to help reduce lines in the circle of the eyes and improve blood circulation in the facial area.
    My Site & My Blog Diary

Comment

I agree with zararina. It's not a good idea to go by only one doctor's opinion. A study conducted by several doctors is more reliable, since it allows multiple doctors to contribute their knowledge. However, doing facial exercises doesn't sound like a very reliable way to get rid of wrinkles. It does make sense that constantly stretching skin will encourage wrinkles, especially when it comes to your face, since it's not a very large area of skin to begin with.

Comment

I tend to agree with what this doctor has said. I was reading another study and it seems like using a good moisturizer EVERY day is the best way to keep your skin looking healthy. It is recommended you start doing that in your early twenties and never stop.

Comment

I think the point here is that there could be more effective ways we can do to help our face look more healthy and younger than doing facial exercise. Regular cleansing, toning, balancing and moisturizing should be done and though ti would certainly cost money the results would speak for themselves. I also saw somewhere a gadget that emits a light which energizes the skin in the face, I don't know if that is also effective or not. Hope someone here could have already tried that.
          I Just Love SmartHealthShop!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
          Working...
          X