Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Women Love Mineral Makeup

In recent years, mineral makeup was difficult to source and in most cases sported a big price tag. Today, mineral makeup in the type of foundation, blush, eye shadow and more can be found almost anywhere. Brand competition resulted into massive affordability.

Women love mineral makeup, especially those women with sensitive skin. It is made from crushed minerals such as zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, mica and iron oxides. Zinc oxide and titanium dioxide are natural sunscreens, so mineral makeups provide the extra “perk” of sun protection.

Most conventional cosmetics contain chemicals, dyes, fragrances, talc and other ingredients that can irritate skin or create a chalky or oily appearance. True mineral makeup without additives can provide excellent, natural-looking coverage plus sun protection. When choosing mineral makeup, it’s important to read the labels to ensure there are no sneaky additives. Even natural additives can cause irritation.

One ingredient, bismuth oxychloride, also called “synthetic pearl,” is used to add shimmer to some products. While it is natural, it may also be irritating to sensitive skin. Certain cosmetic companies want you to believe that their mineral foundation is so pure you can sleep in it. Dermatologists do not recommend sleeping in makeup no matter how natural it is. Any makeup will block your pores, and blocked pores can harbor bacteria leading to pimples and even infection.

Mineral makeup products are very easy to apply, which is another reason they have become so popular. A little buff with a makeup puff and you’re out the door. The competition in the mineral makeup arena has been a boon to women everywhere bringing the prices down to size.

Source: The Youthful Skin Newletter

I know that a lot of women swear of the goodness of using mineral makeup. Since this kind of cosmetic is introduced into the market, the demand is increasing tremendously. In fact, big beauty companies are now having their own mineral makeup line to answer the call of the market. Getting more information on this matter can help us more appreciate the benefits we can get on this product.
    I Just Love SmartHealthShop!

I am not a fan of mineral makeup at all. My mom tried to get me to wear it but I couldn't get into it. I find it really messy and time consuming. I am usually in a rush so playing with a bunch of makeup powders does not fit into my schedule. I prefer to wear Mac Studio Tech. It is quite heavy but the coverage is great and it goes on quickly and smoothly.

Comment

I actually like it a lot, as long as I hold my breath and don't breathe it in. I'm weird about that. Breathing mineral particles is horrible for your lungs... but I see a wonderful improvement in my skin when I use it.

Comment

I have never tried mineral oil make-up because I thought oils were not good for the skin. I suffer from oily skin and have to be careful what I use. So is mineral oil make-up healthy to use? Does it help in the aging process? Is it easy to apply?

Comment

I love it. It's all I will use. I couldn't stand the creamy foundation because it never let my skin breathe.

Comment

Originally posted by lp011 View Post
            I am not a fan of mineral makeup at all. My mom tried to get me to wear it but I couldn't get into it. I find it really messy and time consuming. I am usually in a rush so playing with a bunch of makeup powders does not fit into my schedule. I prefer to wear Mac Studio Tech. It is quite heavy but the coverage is great and it goes on quickly and smoothly.
            Well, I guess you must be belonging to the other side of the spectrum. My girlfriend and even my ex all love mineral make-up and they are so beautiful while wearing it. It looks so natural to me and they swear that it is different from the other type they tried before. Anyway, since we are unique individuals, your case and your choice could just be different. I am sure that cosmetics companies are right now also addressing your concern so that they can offer something for people like you. Be beautiful and healthy inside and out.
            I Just Love SmartHealthShop!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
            Working...
            X