Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happines is a Journey, Not a Destination

I saw this brief excerpt from an easy by Crystal Boyd. I believe that happiness should be attainable and never-ending but sometimes we all get into a rut where we are waiting for happiness to occur. We must be the leader of our own destinies and create our own happiness!

We convince ourselves that life will be better after we get married, have a baby, then another. Then we are frustrated that the kids aren't old enough and we'll be more content when they are. After that we're frustrated that we have teenagers to deal with. We will certainly be happy when they are out of that stage. We tell ourselves that our life will be complete when our spouse gets his or her act together, when we get a nicer car, are able to go on a nice vacation, when we retire.

The truth is, there's no better time to be happy than right now. If not now, when?

Your life will always be filled with challenges. It's best to admit this to yourself and decide to be happy anyway. Alfred D Souza said, "For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life.

This perspective has helped me to see that there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way. So, treasure every moment that you have. And treasure it more because you shared it with someone special, special enough to spend your time ... and remember that time waits for no one...

So stop waiting until you finish school, until you go back to school, until you lose ten pounds, until you gain ten pounds, until you have kids, until your kids leave the house, until you start work, until you retire, until you get married, until you get divorced, until Friday night, until Sunday morning, until you get a new car or home, until your car or home is paid off, until spring, until summer, until fall, until winter, until you are off welfare, until the first or fifteenth, until your song comes on, until you've had a drink, until you've sobered up, until you die, until you are born again to decide that there is no better time than right now to be happy...

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

Author: Crystal Boyd , 1998. From the book: "Midnight Muse."

This is definitely something that I am struggling with. Thank you for posting this excerpt.

Comment

We have the right and the freedom to be happy not just when we reached the destiny but more importantly when we are still going there. We can create our own happiness that is for sure. Happiness is a very subjective matter and could range from one extreme to another. The most important thing to remember is that we are not hurting anybody and in fact we are a blessing to others when we are still going up the ladder of happiness.
      I Just Love SmartHealthShop!

Comment

I believe we could really be happy everyday. It may not be a "big" happiness but still we feel happy. If we could just be contented easily and appreciate the things/person in a daily manner, we could really find a lot of reasons to be happy. Just like simple things when we happen to finish a task, eat our favorite food, pay the bill, see our family and friends, and some other simple things that worth to be happy.
        My Site & My Blog Diary

Comment

Originally posted by zararina View Post
          I believe we could really be happy everyday. It may not be a "big" happiness but still we feel happy. If we could just be contented easily and appreciate the things/person in a daily manner, we could really find a lot of reasons to be happy. Just like simple things when we happen to finish a task, eat our favorite food, pay the bill, see our family and friends, and some other simple things that worth to be happy.
          Appreciating small and simple things in life and always having a thanking heart for all the blessings received whether big or small -- this is the best shield we can have in the insane world we live in. While still looking for ways to improve ourselves and our business or career, we must also learn to be happy and contented on the things already at hand. In other words, we have to want the things we have. Happiness starts and ends in the mind so it is in our own control whether we would partake of the feast of happiness or not.
          I Just Love SmartHealthShop!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
          Working...
          X