Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diabetes: Common Symptoms & Risks Factors

Diabetes is a chronic disease primarily characterized by high levels of sugar circulating in the blood. The most popular symptoms are the following: repeated urinating especially nighttime, dry mouth and excessive thirst, erectile dysfunction for men, increased appetite and sudden weight loss.

Here are the risk factors for diabetes that we should be aware are: age over 45 years, having a parent, brother, or sister suffering from diabetes, gestational diabetes, heart ailments, high blood cholesterol level, obesity, sedentary lifestyle, polycystic ovary disease (in women), previous impaired glucose tolerance, belonging to some ethnic groups (specifically African Americans, Native Americans, Asians, Pacific Islanders, and Hispanic Americans).

Getting to know these things can help us appreciate our health and possibly do something to minimize our risks.
    I Just Love SmartHealthShop!

It's kind of amazing to me how many people don't know the signs of diabetes, AmazingP. I don't even remember when I learned about this . . . I think I saw it on some medical drama on TV when I was a kid. One of my friends was recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and he mentioned that he knew he was urinating a lot and thirsty a lot, and losing weight for no reason too. But he never connected the symptoms with diabetes.

Comment

Well you just stated the three classical signs of Diabetes, polyuria (excessive voiding) polydypsia (excessive thirst) and polyphagia (hunger). And also the weight loss is very significant for patient diagnosing to have a diabetes. Well for the risk factors the highest probability of a person having diabetes would be its family history of diabetes.

TechnoFuse for latest tech, games and cool gadgets

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X