Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prostrate Cancer & Green Tea

Prostate cancer is a very destructive one but the power of green tea can help. The rate of prostate cancer is far lower among Chinese and Japanese people, who regularly consume green tea. Six cups a day could drastically reduce the development of prostate cancer.

In a new study from Japan, nearly 50,000 men aged 40 to 69 years were followed from 1993 until 2004. It found that green tea was associated with a decrease in the risk of advanced prostate cancer. The more cups of green tea consumed, the lower the risk. Similar results were obtained from a southeast China study, which showed that the prostate cancer risk decreased with the quantity, duration and frequency of green tea consumption.

Now, it's well established that about 30% of men with high- grade prostate "intraepithelial neoplasia," a tiny lesion that can occur in the prostate, will develop prostate cancer in one year. A double-blind, placebo-controlled study with 60 such patients were given three green tea catechins capsules, each containing 200 mg (total of 600 mg per day).

In 30 patients treated with green tea catechins, only one tumor was seen; whereas nine cancers were found in the 30 placebo-treated patients. This is the first study showing the preventive effect of green tea in prostate cancer.

This preliminary study provides evidence of the protective effects of tea on oral cancer.

Source: David Juan, MD / Daily Free Health Articles and Natural Health Advice
    This can be good news for men so as to minimize the risk we have on getting prostrate cancer. I hope that more and more studies will be done on green tea in its role for cancer prevention and treatment.
    I Just Love SmartHealthShop!

That's really interesting green tea seems to have so many health benefits. I personally drink it everyday and love it I think it's helped me with my weight loss.

Comment

Yes that's true. Green tea gives plenty benefits to our body and helps us from preventing free radicals and other diseases whether it is minor or major illness. I love drinking green tea, and sometimes I used it as my water. It helps me to stay young, fit and cleanses my body.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyinCali1980 View Post
        That's really interesting green tea seems to have so many health benefits. I personally drink it everyday and love it I think it's helped me with my weight loss.
        Green tea is actually one of the most popular natural beverage these days and this is becoming like a perennial part of so many formulations offered in the natural food market. This has massive following in other countries like Japan and China. Hopefully, more and more studies will be conducted on green tea to confirm its use and potency against common maladies. Some are reporting this can also aid in losing weight though this should never be taken like Orlistat.
        I Just Love SmartHealthShop!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X