Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mariaandrea View Post
    I love eggplant! My favorite way to cook it is to slice it lengthwise thinly, spread on a tray, sprinkle with salt and let it sit for 30 minutes. Then wipe away the salt and moisture that has collected with a paper towel - this makes it less bitter. Brush with olive oil, bake in the oven about 10 minutes until it just starts to get soft. Take it out, spread with ricotta cheese and fresh herbs and roll up. Place in a baking pan on a layer of marinara sauce, pour more sauce over it, sprinkle with cheese and bake.

My second favorite way is good for people who don't like the texture of eggplant. Baba Ganoush. It's similar to hummus. Here's a great recipe
    Baba Ganoush Recipe | David Lebovitz
    Eggplant is a favorite of mine. I will have to try this recipe. Sounds like a healthier verison of eggplant rollentini. I just had a batch of rollentini this weeekend--it was divine! The eggplant was breaded and fried first. And then then completed rollentini was covered in a rose sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by susansboneyard View Post
      Eggplant is high in fiber, potassium, copper, folate and magnesium. It contains substances that may help fight cancer, viruses and bacteria. Studies show that eggplant has several health benefits.

1. Reduces high cholesterol.

2. Detoxifies and removes drugs and other toxins in the body.

3. May help control liver cancer.

Eggplant Parmesan is not only delicious, but it contains at least six powerful foods in its ingredients list.
      I have never eaten eggplant, as it is something my family never prepared. What does it taste like? Do you eat it raw or cook it? How do you choose a good one? How do you store it? Do you need to wash it, peel it, de-seed it? How do you cut it?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X