Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 5 Harmful Beauty Habits that Cause Skin Problems

Our skin is the first thing people notice about us. And no makeup can help if you suffer from various skin problems. It is absolutely essential to find out and eradicate the reason that causes pimples, irritations and other skin problems. The reasons can be really diversified starting from unhealthy diet to our own beauty habits. Letís find out which of your usual yet harmful beauty habits cause skin problems and how to quit them.

1. Sleeping with your makeup on

Sleeping with your makeup on is an absolute no-no if you want to have beautiful, healthy skin. Just imagine you are going to expose your skin to a real torture, sleeping with a dayís worth of makeup, grease and oil on your skin is a one-way ticket to clogged pores and as a result serious skin problems.

2. Using expired cosmetics

Very often we donít even think that our fave mascara has a very limited lifetime. The same goes to beauty aids and other makeup products. Carefully follow the use-by date instructions given to one or another makeup product and never use cosmetics more than 12 months after opening it. (The sign below indicates how long cosmetics can be used after opening. Find it on the packaging. )

3. Reapplying your makeup

Never reapply your makeup during the day. You canít even imagine how harmful reapplying of makeup is for your skin. Reapplying of foundation or blush over your morning makeup will clog your pores and as a result cause irritation, pimples and acne. It is better to invest in matte cosmetic tissues that would cleanse your skin and matt at the same time.

4. Overexfoliation

Although exfoliation is a key point in your daily beauty routine, you shouldnít try too hard. Remember, everything is good in moderation, thus overexfoliation can result in intensifying oil production that leading to breakouts and acne. Only gentle scrubs and exfoliators can be used every day.

5. Using dirty makeup brushes

Makeup brushes require proper care and cleansing. Using dirty makeup brushes can run into various skin problems. Makeup brushes accumulate cosmetics particles as well as dead skin cells creating a perfect environment for bacterias.

I personally clean my makeup brushes every 3 days when I use them everyday with EVO (Extra virgin Olive oil) and liquid dishwashing soap. I got this tip from a video made by michelle phan. Here's the video:

Nice tips. I am glad that I never have to get entangled with hassles in having to deal with make-up everyday. Well, I am not a girl that's why. I believe that some cosmetics can be using pore-clogging materials. Lots of brands even famous ones can produce reactions from the skin which are not nice. In choosing a brand, we have to ascertain that they are hypoallergenic and ingredients are already proven to be safe. Cosmetics should be healthy. We don't have to sacrifice health in the name of beauty.
    I Just Love SmartHealthShop!

Comment

Also I think it would not be safe to use others makeups and other tools use for applying makeup. Better to have personal makeups to avoid possible transfer of skin diseases. It is because brushes and sponges could pick up skin bacteria. And choose makeups with safe ingredients.
      My Site & My Blog Diary

Comment

Thanks for sharing this! I am awful at several of these things. For the last few months I have dealt with exercise related break outs - doing my lunch hour workout and reapplying makeup. I started to bring my cleansing stuff to start from scratch. Good tips here.

Comment

Also never forget, wash your hair often. Longer hair falls on the face, leaving behind oil and dirt which could clog pores causing irritation. Many women don't realize that their hair can wreak havoc on their complexion.
          LillyG and TheHidden are my name, writing is my game.

Comment

Well I don't use makeup so I guess this doesn't apply to me lol, except for maybe over-exfoliation. I wish I knew how to get rid of all this acne though. Of course I'm so stressed all the time so I don't know if I'll ever get rid of it.

Comment

I think #1 is a very common problem. People who wear makeup to sleep are just suffocating their skin. Makeup closes the pores of the skin. It's bad enough wearing makeup during the day. It's worse if the skin doesn't get a chance to breathe properly even at night.
              Check out the Three Foot Solution at http://www.areesportal.com

Comment

I'm not a girl either, but I used to make mistakes shaving and not washing my face and would get breakouts too. I can see where leaving all that thick make up on overnight would irritate the skin pretty badly.

Comment

I love Michelle Phan! Thanks for posting that vid.. I urge everyone to watch it. She knows what she's talking about.

Comment

Something I think is important is to wash your hair before you go to bed and wash and change your pillowcase every few days. My daughter has had terrible acne since puberty (from her father) and she does everything "right" and uses good products, but we noticed a huge difference when she started washing her hair right before bedtime. The oil from hair gets on your face and clogs pores and pillowcases become dirty faster than you would believe.
                    My reality check bounced

The Dull Knife Chronicles - living on the edge is not so bad when your knife is dull

Comment

Originally posted by mariaandrea View Post
                      Something I think is important is to wash your hair before you go to bed and wash and change your pillowcase every few days. My daughter has had terrible acne since puberty (from her father) and she does everything "right" and uses good products, but we noticed a huge difference when she started washing her hair right before bedtime. The oil from hair gets on your face and clogs pores and pillowcases become dirty faster than you would believe.
                      Good tip there. If the marketing people get hold of it, we will be seeing anti-acne shampoo on the shelves soon. With ads like "Wash your hair with Supersoft Anti-Acne Shampoo before you sleep and wake up to a fresh acne-free face."
                      Check out the Three Foot Solution at http://www.areesportal.com

Comment

I'm so guilty of reapplying my makeup throughout the day. I've done it for years without thinking that it could have negative effects. I guess it's time to change my usual routine and stop harming my skin. Thanks for the tips because they really make a lot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by belligerent View Post
                          I love Michelle Phan! Thanks for posting that vid.. I urge everyone to watch it. She knows what she's talking about.
                          I'm also a big fan belle! Love how she does her make up, and how fun her video tutorials are. She's really talented and knows what she's doing. Nice to know that you like her too.

Originally posted by mariaandrea View Post
                          Nice tip mariaandrea. I've been suffering from some small bumps on my face. My hair sometimes irritates my face, it gets itchy when my hair falls on my face. Thanks, I'm gonna try this one too.

Originally posted by justdiva View Post
                          I'm so guilty of reapplying my makeup throughout the day. I've done it for years without thinking that it could have negative effects. I guess it's time to change my usual routine and stop harming my skin. Thanks for the tips because they really make a lot of sense.
                          Same here justdiva, sometimes I just can't help it. Especially when I go to the mall or anywhere, I reapply pressed powder on my face because my skin could really be oily sometimes,Lol! I'm happy that you found these tips helpful.

Comment

Michelle Phan has lots of natural ideas when it comes to beauty tips. Based on my experience, overexfoliation is really bad. It made my skin dry and sometimes bruised. I stopped it and use hypoallergenic facial scrub and apply a moisturizer after.

Comment

Girls have more problem to deal with when it comes to skin care because we do have more beauty rituals than men. Good thing I don't have to worry about make-up since I don't wear all the time. And also, I don't use make-up brushes, I use my fingers to apply blush on and eye shadow . I just have to worry about the product expiration date because I tend to not check when the product expires and since I don't use them often they tend to look as if they were just bought a month ago! Maybe I have to take not of this from now.
                              >>>It's More Fun in The Philippines<<<

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                              Working...
                              X