Surgery VS Natural Remedies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Januz101, I'm scared of surgery as well. I have signed up to have gastric bypass surgery twice , but I am scared. Especially when this is something I can do naturally. I don't want to have this surgery unless there are no other options. I going to keep working at this on my own.

Comment

Originally posted by inspired View Post
      Januz101, I'm scared of surgery as well. I have signed up to have gastric bypass surgery twice , but I am scared. Especially when this is something I can do naturally. I don't want to have this surgery unless there are no other options. I going to keep working at this on my own.
      I can understand your pain. A lot of patients are scared of surgeries. Fear is perfectly normal because we have what is called the fear of the unknown. We are unsure of anything that can happen to us, and that is a very serious thing, so we fear it. But if surgeries are really emergent, then I am up for it. We can't prevent peritonitis naturally, in my opinion. What if the appendix bursts? That's life-threatening.

Comment

Originally posted by rh41 View Post
        I would talk to your local physician to get a better opinion. I'm 99% sure that he/she will tell you that you need the surgery, but let your physician know exactly why you are thinking about taking the natural remedy route. If you need a second opinion, talk to a family member and let them know the pros and cons of each. They will help you make the decision that is right for you.
        Clearly, when you are in doubt of having a surgery its okay to ask your own doctor and if you aren't not that satisfied with your doctor's opinion you can also ask other doctors for 2nd opinion but don't overdo it like your doctor shopping might spend you money and you'll think of many opinions. One or Two doctors is enough to have a professional advise with what is best for you.

TechnoFuse for latest tech, games and cool gadgets

Comment

Each person is different. If I was suffering from gallbladder problems, I would most likely opt for the surgery. I am all for being pain free and enjoying life. I think many times using natural remedies just prolong the problems.

Comment

I think that that kind of question should only be answered by a doctor. Sometimes natural remedies are able to fix the problem, but when it's too late to be treated, then a surgery is needed.

Comment

I feel for you, I really do. I suffered from gall bladder problems (and stones) for 20 years until I finally had surgery. Alot of the doctors I had either wouldn't do the surgery and gave no reason, others said 'it wasn't time yet", and that upset me to no end. I had tried diets to cut out too much fats and greasy foods, and while it did help for awhile, the pain was so persistent and so often that I finally had my gall bladder removed. I don't miss the pain and I'm glad I opted for surgery...but I wish you the best of luck with this. :-)
              Last edited by InsomniacGirl; 08-05-2011, 06:53 PM.
              ~ Jeanne ~

Comment

Originally posted by Estefani View Post
                I think that that kind of question should only be answered by a doctor. Sometimes natural remedies are able to fix the problem, but when it's too late to be treated, then a surgery is needed.
                I agree that a doctor should be consulted with something like this - to make sure it isn't too late, and to try and fix the problem before surgery is the only option

Comment

Originally posted by bethanyparkin View Post
                  I agree that a doctor should be consulted with something like this - to make sure it isn't too late, and to try and fix the problem before surgery is the only option
                  Yes, I am assuming that the original poster made this thread for the purposes of discussion only. The intention was to make opinions known and to make experiences be shared so that some of her decision-making can be influenced in this matter.
                  But of course, in the case of actually pursuing, as in seriously taking the time to consider pushing through, a professional medical advice should weigh the most in this subject.

Comment

Originally posted by januz101 View Post
                    I'm scared of surgery.. As much as possible I like it to be remedied or cured in a less painful and natural way. But if I don't have any options left then having a surgery would be my last resort.
                    I agree. I am saving surgery as my last resort. I am taking all kinds of herbs now to help my digestion, but if worst comes to worst, I am going into that operating room and having the darn thing removed.

Comment

Originally posted by InsomniacGirl View Post
                      I feel for you, I really do. I suffered from gall bladder problems (and stones) for 20 years until I finally had surgery. Alot of the doctors I had either wouldn't do the surgery and gave no reason, others said 'it wasn't time yet", and that upset me to no end. I had tried diets to cut out too much fats and greasy foods, and while it did help for awhile, the pain was so persistent and so often that I finally had my gall bladder removed. I don't miss the pain and I'm glad I opted for surgery...but I wish you the best of luck with this. :-)
                      I don't even know how you were able to live with it for 20 years! It's terrible and I would not want to be scared to eat for that long. Like I said in my original post, I've had them for about 7-8 months and I've lost so much weight. I haven't had an attack in a while, but I have cut out anything that might give me an attack from my diet and I have been taking the Milk Thistle complex. Basically my diet consists of nothing but chicken/turkey breast with salad and the occasional low-fat ice dessert. The only methods of cooking I use are steaming, boiling, baking, and grilling. In addition, I never use any oils in preparing my meals so I can avoid attacks.

Comment

I had to make that choice 2 years ago and I was really scared.. But now I am happy that I chose to go through the surgery.. It is weird to think that part of your body is gone forever but it's for the better! That's why I think surgery is the right way to go.. After all, if something is not healthy for you and it causes you pain you have to either treat it (which, in this case, is much harder) or remove it!
                        Best regards!
                        P.S. The best thing, of course, is to consult your doctor! You can even talk to him about your concerns...
                        If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes!
                        If you want to know how to make money online see THIS!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                        Working...
                        X