X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acewriter
    replied
    Considering how natural acne remedies aren't generally recommended by professionals, I always chose to stick with off-the-shelf products endorsed by my dermatologists. If they recommended some natural remedies, then by all means, I would try them out.

My point is that I find no difference in the effectiveness of products as long as you know what they are for. That's why having a reliable reference is crucial to problems like these. Take it from me; I've battled a lot of acne problems in my time.

Leave a comment:

• Raina
    replied
    This sounds great! I'm gonna give it a try. I have used lemon and baking soda as a mask and it worked pretty well. Wash your face and dry with a towel leaving your face slighlty damp. Use 1 tablespoon baking soda and enough fresh lemon juice to form a mask. Apply the lemon and baking soda mask and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse and dry. You can use this mask a few times each week. Your skin will be clearer, lighter and very soft. Let me know how you like it.

Leave a comment:

• Envy
    replied
    I used to suffer from acne. It sucked and I hate it. I don't know any natural acne remedy, but if you consult your doctor about it, he/she will prescribe something to you that'll help/reduce acne. The contents of it had bleach in it, and I'm not sure what that does. But if you want to get rid of your acne, the best possible way is to ask your doctor about it.

Leave a comment:

• preciouszd
    replied
    Though I don't suffer from acne myself, I have heard great things about making a baking soda paste and using it to exfoliate the skin. This helps the skin by scrubbing away all the bacteria that is causing the acne. Exfoliating also helps rejuvenate the skin by promoting new skin cell growth. I exfoliate weekly and it has helped my skin greatly with pores and blackheads.

Leave a comment:

• juanita10
    replied
    Yogurt and lemon juice. I will definitely have to pass this on to my teenage son. He is battling with acne and is still trying to get me to purchase Proactiv. While his skin cleared amazingly with proactiv I had to cut out the extra expense. We will try this to see how it works before going back to using Proactiv. Thanks for the tip.

Leave a comment:

• mslianne
    replied
    Originally posted by zararina View Post
    I seldom suffer acne in my life. I sometimes have two or three as my pre menstrual symptom. What i was just doing is keep my face clean and avoid being exposed in pollution/smoke. If he acne is quite big which can be easily noticed in my face, i use cold compress or ice on it. It will make it a little smaller and not too obvious. I am also using a facial cream to somewhat cover it and protect it from dust when i am going out.
    Wow, that means that you are so lucky, then. I get jealous hearing stuff like that. While I think I might just be in the same boat as you as my friends think that I am also lucky, I think you are luckier! I used to get it all the time. I think it's because of genetics as well - my mother's side is filled with people who have suffered from acne, too. Thanks for reminding me about the ice - I use it all the time, too, as it helps keep my pores tighten and close so that the pimple would not swell either.

Leave a comment:

• zararina
    replied
    I seldom suffer acne in my life. I sometimes have two or three as my pre menstrual symptom. What i was just doing is keep my face clean and avoid being exposed in pollution/smoke. If he acne is quite big which can be easily noticed in my face, i use cold compress or ice on it. It will make it a little smaller and not too obvious. I am also using a facial cream to somewhat cover it and protect it from dust when i am going out.

Leave a comment:

• mslianne
    replied
    Originally posted by justdiva View Post
    Even as an adult, I still breakout every now and then. I'm going to try this natural remedy the next time my acne attacks with a vengeance. Some store bought products peel my skin and cause major irritation. This sounds like a more natural approach without a ton of unwanted chemicals.
    Oh no, poor you! Sometime the chemicals that are contained in these kinds of products are really harsh! It is like they really do not have concern for your skin at all. It makes me doubt them sometimes. But of course sometimes it depends on the skin type as well - if it isn't right for you, then you won't be able to get the natural and the needed results. The same thing happened to my aunt and until now, her skin is peeling and it is ultra sensitive for her. She swore off beauty products because of that event.

Leave a comment:

• lp011
    replied
    I too suffer from adult acne and have acne since I was a teenager. I am currently on birth control which helps so much with my blemishes. I get maybe one pimple every other month but I would prefer something all-natural so i will definitely be trying what you all suggested. Thanks for posting this!

Leave a comment:

• justdiva
    replied
    Even as an adult, I still breakout every now and then. I'm going to try this natural remedy the next time my acne attacks with a vengeance. Some store bought products peel my skin and cause major irritation. This sounds like a more natural approach without a ton of unwanted chemicals.

Leave a comment:

• mslianne
    replied
    Wow, yogurt and lemon - that sounds like something that I would have for dessert. kidding aside, though, the natural remedy that you have given was very promising indeed. Maybe I would try that sometime.
    As for me, I apply toothpaste on it. Yes it is not applicable and it is not advisable as well, but personally it helps me and my skin seems to love me as well - they do not dry up unlike other skins.

Leave a comment:

• AmazingP
    replied
    Originally posted by jennierm View Post
    I am definitely trying this! I am always looking for natural acne fighters and I'm anxious to see how the good bacteria in the yogurt can help the bad bacteria on my face. I have been taking a zinc supplement and also probiotics to help with my break outs , but honestly I don't know if it works or not.
    The zinc and the probiotics you are taking are all good for enhancing your own immune system which is very important in fighting the acne problem. Just add this formula and use it on your face so that there would be a direct contact with the dirty residues and the bacteria residing in the layers of your skin. Good luck and may you have a smooth and glowing face for the world to see.

Leave a comment:

• nmhalverson
    replied
    I would like to start this off by saying, I have NEVER does this. I didn't really ever have acne growing up. With that being said, my brother had a friend in high school who while taking a shower urinated into a cup and dabbed that onto his face. He read about it online and said that it really worked. I think it had something to do with your body's chemistry and the fact that urine is sterile. Anyways, I just thought I'd share that one, although I'm not advocating anybody go do such a thing. It was more for laughs.

Leave a comment:

• rajeshefg
    replied
    I have had this problem for quite some years now and don't know a cure yet. I will try and adopt the practices which you have mentioned above. I just plain hate it when some blister just crops up from any area of my face. I don't know why it has to be the face area only, as it does not affect any other part of the body. Just want to wish away the bad bacteria from my facial area and find the smooth skin again.

Leave a comment:

• jennierm
    replied
    I am definitely trying this! I am always looking for natural acne fighters and I'm anxious to see how the good bacteria in the yogurt can help the bad bacteria on my face. I have been taking a zinc supplement and also probiotics to help with my break outs , but honestly I don't know if it works or not.

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
Working...
X