Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fruits and Vegetables For Menopausal Women

All women will eventually experience the discomfort and challenges of the menopausal stage. There is no escape – not unless you die before reaching this age. Menopause is unavoidable then. A woman can be in pre-menopause, mid-menopause or post-menopause stage.

So how to help your body cope up with this challenge? One way to ease the symptoms associated is eating a minimum of 5 portions of fruit and vegetables every day. This should be part and parcel of your daily diet and habit.

Choose fruits, vegetables as well as whole grain cereal products which have good content of vitamin C and carotene. Go for berries, oranges, grapefruit, carrots, winter squash, tomatoes, broccoli, cabbages, cauliflower, and green leafy vegetables. If you have an exotic taste, you can also try acai, kiwi fruit and pomegranates.

With fruits and vegetables, you are assured of a powerhouse of important vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber also good for controlling weight.
    Last edited by AmazingP; 08-23-2011, 12:03 AM.
    I Just Love SmartHealthShop!

Why is it so hard to eat 5 servings a day sometimes? I am usually lucky to get in 3 servings a day, but I know I should be eating more. It can have such a huge effect on my health.

Comment

This is some good information. My mom is going through menopause and it's not pretty at all. I'll suggest that she increase the amount of fruits and vegetables in her diet. Sometimes, I forget that there are so many benefits from eating healthier and eliminating junk foods.

Comment

Thank you for posting this! I am 8 months into the start of menopause, and it is not fun, to say the least. I do eat my servings and then some of fresh fruits and vegetables, and drink my water. Is there a vitamin, or vitamins, to take, foods to avoid, (I am limiting my fried foods because my whole body feels sluggish when I eat too much of fried foods), to make the transition easier?

Comment

My mother is also suffering from such discomforts because she is in her menopausal stage already. She sometimes have terrible headaches and she had nausea. She also get too easy to be irritated and annoyed or even angry. I believe that eating fruits and vegetables could alleviate this symptoms since the body becomes healthier. It also makes the immune system stronger.
          My Site & My Blog Diary

Comment

Thanks for this. Good thing my mother loves eating fruits and vegetables - though I can't say the same for my little brother. We eat all of the fruits and vegetables that were listed in the original post, but I think we haven't gotten around to eating acai yet. I don't know - I have heard of it sometimes but I have never ever seen one in person before. Does anyone here knows what it tastes like? And is it good? Maybe I'll try and look for one for my mother sometime. I know it's a berry too but the usual that we eat are strawberry, blackberry and blueberry.

Comment

This is great to know. While I can use this information for myself, i definitely needed it for my mother about 10 years back. She went through menopause and turned into a totally different person. She was easily irritated and would easily get upset at the blink of an eye. Now I know this secret weapon, I can be more prepared for menopause in about 10 more years maybe sooner. I'm not rushing it though.

Comment

Menopause is definitely not a fun part of a woman's life. But it is good to know that there are certain foods that we can eat that will eliminate some of the
                misery that comes with the many changes that our bodies go through.

I am already a big fan of fruit and vegetables. Therefore, I am glad that I already have a head start on those hot flashes and the irritable moments that come along with them.

Comment

Originally posted by mslianne View Post
                  Thanks for this. Good thing my mother loves eating fruits and vegetables - though I can't say the same for my little brother. We eat all of the fruits and vegetables that were listed in the original post, but I think we haven't gotten around to eating acai yet. I don't know - I have heard of it sometimes but I have never ever seen one in person before. Does anyone here knows what it tastes like? And is it good? Maybe I'll try and look for one for my mother sometime. I know it's a berry too but the usual that we eat are strawberry, blackberry and blueberry.
                  We should really beef up our consumption of beneficial fruits and vegetables because the nutrients from these sources are what our body needs in a world in havoc. This is a way to help our body cope up with different forms of challenges like stress, nutrient deficiency, fastfood eating, pollution, man-made chemicals in water and foods, and the list goes on.

Acai taste great. Actually the supply of this fruit is not really that steady. This is very popular in some parts of Brazil as this is an Amazonian fruit. I once tasted it when a friend who came from Brazil brought me a box. I since then got hooked on. The taste is great and its energizing effect last for more than 8 hours. if you can't get the fresh fruit, there are now juices of this fruit on the grocery shelves but just be careful so that you can choose the best brand.
                  Last edited by AmazingP; 08-24-2011, 07:26 PM.
                  I Just Love SmartHealthShop!

Comment

Too bad that it eventually will visit and stay on day to day life. This tips I say is a must for people who seems to feel it and about to feel menopause. Before anything else would do they should try some ways to minimize or prolong of not having menopause.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                    Working...
                    X