Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 multivitamin or multiple vitamins

Do you take one multivitamin or do you take a cocktail of vitamins? I take a bunch, I like the Alive multivitamin as well as fish oil, garlic and marine collagen. I add other supplements from time to time like bee pollen.
    Mario is my favorite singer of all time. Wanna hear my favorite song? The Walls from Marios 5th album Restoration http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB5txJYCCgs

I take a mens sport multi, twice a day. With it (and depending on the time of the day) I will also take fish oils, B12, and ALA. As well as Magnesium, Calcium and Zinc.

I don't feel normal with out at least taking the multi, fish oils and B12.

Comment

If you take a good multivitamin, which has good absorption, you don't need to take multiple individual vitamins.

I prefer a multivitamin as I'm not a fan of taking pills. I'd rather take one pill as opposed to ten (or more! ) pills. I also find it far cheaper to buy a multivitamin than to buy individual vitamin pills.

Comment

Re: 1 multivitamin or multiple vitamins

Originally posted by CuriousJ View Post
        If you take a good multivitamin, which has good absorption, you don't need to take multiple individual vitamins.

I prefer a multivitamin as I'm not a fan of taking pills. I'd rather take one pill as opposed to ten (or more! ) pills. I also find it far cheaper to buy a multivitamin than to buy individual vitamin pills.
        What the OP is alluding to is that there are other essential minerals and oils not found in most multivitamins...no matter how well the the absorption process is. Fish oil, flax, or borage oil are all three key elements that can be taken that a multi vitamin does not have in it...they need to be either supplemented separately or included into the diet.
        Smart Health Shop
        SHS Facebook
        Powder City bulk supplements discount!

NPC Physique and SmartHealthShop.com Athlete
        Supplementing Your Health Starts Here

Comment

I think the convenience of taking a single pill multivitamin is too attractive for most of us. However, a lot of people do not actually need to take multivitamins since many of these are present in a healthy diet. I believe that if you have a healthy diet, you only have to take essential supplements such as fish oil.

Comment

Re: 1 multivitamin or multiple vitamins

Originally posted by dgstn View Post
            I think the convenience of taking a single pill multivitamin is too attractive for most of us. However, a lot of people do not actually need to take multivitamins since many of these are present in a healthy diet. I believe that if you have a healthy diet, you only have to take essential supplements such as fish oil.
            You would need a perfectly balanced diet...it is difficult to get all of your required vitamins and minerals via diet alone no matter how many fruits and vegetables you consume on a daily basis...I would recommend at least a multivitamin to everyone...
            Smart Health Shop
            SHS Facebook
            Powder City bulk supplements discount!

NPC Physique and SmartHealthShop.com Athlete
            Supplementing Your Health Starts Here

Comment

Originally posted by Raina View Post
              Do you take one multivitamin or do you take a cocktail of vitamins? I take a bunch, I like the Alive multivitamin as well as fish oil, garlic and marine collagen. I add other supplements from time to time like bee pollen.
              I take a complete multivitamin with energizing Ribose. It has all the essential vitamins and mineral that I need. I also take fish oil for my omega 3 essential fatty acids daily requirement.

Comment

Ideally, we should be getting all the nutrients our body requires for optimum health from a well-balanced diet. In reality, however, it is unlikely that people actually eat healthy enough to get all the nutrients the body needs. If you are concerned that you are not getting an adequate amount of essential vitamins and minerals from your diet, it is sensible to take dietary supplements. Dietary supplements are available to enhance one’s diet and to help achieve the daily requirements for certain nutrients. Take Hercules Vitamins™ to support proper nutrition to maintain good health.*

Comment

Why take Fish Oil?

Originally posted by dgstn View Post
                  I agree with you because the omega 3 essential fatty acids cannot be manufactured in our bodies but can only be acquired through diet.

Comment

I take a multi- plus an additional B complex, sometimes fish oil (when I remember to take it at night), and iron for about a week out of the month.

Sometimes I up the Vitamin C during cold/flu season, even if it is unnecessary, it is cheap and I don't care about peeing most of it out.

I notice a huge difference when I don't take that extra B complex during the day. I also notice a pretty big difference when I take my multi- on a full stomach. I agree about absorption. It does matter.

Comment

Originally posted by CuriousJ View Post

You should take complete multivitamins like Centrum, Alive or Hercules Vitamins for they have the essential vitamins and minerals. For omega 3 fatty acids, no doubt that you shoud take fish oil supplements.

Comment

Originally posted by stoopid_monkey51 View Post
                        I take a mens sport multi, twice a day. With it (and depending on the time of the day) I will also take fish oils, B12, and ALA. As well as Magnesium, Calcium and Zinc.

I don't feel normal with out at least taking the multi, fish oils and B12.
                        You should definitely try Pocket-n-Go Nutrition Pack. This one-month supply comes in a packet that contains Krill Oil (for omega 3 fatty acids), Multivitamin with Ribose (complete with vitamins and minerals), Vertox (a very good antioxidant made from supreme greens with resveratrol) and CoEnzyme Q10 (an oil-soluble, vitamin-like molecule naturally produced by the human body and is necessary for the basic functioning of cells.). This is definitely a great combo. By the way, this vitamin combo is from Hercules Vitamins.

Comment

It's been a while since I've used a multivitamin just because so many of the ones out there have preservatives that don't agree with me. I'll keeping looking though. For now it's probably better for me to just eat more raw foods and get my vitamins from there.

Comment

I rather take one vitamin a day because I don't like having too many pills inside me. It just makes me feel like a laboratory experiment. I usually only take one centrum a day during the winter months when my immune system isn't at its strongest and it also really comes in handy when I have finals and midterms weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Usorova View Post
                              I rather take one vitamin a day because I don't like having too many pills inside me. It just makes me feel like a laboratory experiment. I usually only take one centrum a day during the winter months when my immune system isn't at its strongest and it also really comes in handy when I have finals and midterms weeks.
                              I agree with you. It's better to take one complete multivitamin rather than take many pills. I usually take Hercules Multivitamins with energizing Ribose and it helps boost my immune system and for extra energy to get me through the day.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                              Working...
                              X