X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiber One Brownies

Has anyone else tried these?

These are small, they work (you go to the bathroom) but dehydrate me, I'd give it 3/5 stars for taste. They cost too much for only 6 in a box. You can eat one in 2-3 bites. I read that for fiber brownies you can just add mashed beans or prunes to the mixture. That will save the high cost.

They should call those things fiber 2 because that is the number you are going to be obsessed with all day. I don't like taking the quick burst of fiber because it doesn't keep me regulated. I take a all natural fiber pill every day to keep me regulated and it seems to work better and I don't ever have any problems.
    Come see me at my blog! http://joriesjustgirlsandstuff.blogspot.com

Comment

I have not tried them, and after reading your reviews, probably won't. Too bad though, because I love my brownies. It would have been sweet to find a healthy one with low calories, hehe.

Comment

I'm not being sarcastic here, I'm really asking.......do all of you have "issues" of some sort? I've never paid attention to fiber intake and never had any problems.....I could care less if I'm "regular" really as long as I'm not horribly constipated or spewing diarrhea, LoL. So many people are concerned with fiber intake I'm just wondering if you have issues you're trying to resolve?
        Proud owner of a happy pet Cthulhu......

Comment

I do Cthulhu. Without going into too much information, if I don't take any sort of stimulant I can go a week without, um..."going" and that is such an uncomfortable feeling. I find that by upping my fiber intake to stay regular, it also helps with bloating and weight management, which is the biggest reason I try to eat high fiber foods. And I'm only 35...yeesh! At this rate, I'll need a constant prune juice IV drip by the time I'm a senior citizen.

But it does seem like FIBER everything is becoming the new health craze in foods.

I have a coupon for these brownies, and have been wanting to try them but the price (over $3 a box!) has deterred me. I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but thought these might be a healthy alternative to keep on hand for those rare times I get a chocolate craving. But I haven't heard any great reviews on them, so I probably will not try them.

Comment

Fiber One snack anything (besides the yogurt) makes me crap like a bandit and excuse my honest brutality. they pack so much sugar, fiber, and simple carbs into one cardboard piece of brownie or cereal bar that you'll be heading to the bathroom after youve got the first 2 bites choked down your cottonmouth throat.

i WILL say however; the fiber one yogurt (key lime pie to be specific) is absolutely fantastic. it tastes great, only 4 or 5 grams of sugar, 4 or 5 grams of protein, a bunch of fiber without making you go number 2, and a high level of active cultures - not a bad addition to the diet whether you are worried about your digestion or not.
            Smart Health Shop
            SHS Facebook
            Powder City bulk supplements discount!

NPC Physique and SmartHealthShop.com Athlete
            Supplementing Your Health Starts Here

Comment

Originally posted by derek View Post
              Fiber One snack anything (besides the yogurt) makes me crap like a bandit and excuse my honest brutality. they pack so much sugar, fiber, and simple carbs into one cardboard piece of brownie or cereal bar that you'll be heading to the bathroom after youve got the first 2 bites choked down your cottonmouth throat.
              Same here, except I haven't tried the yogurt and don't plan on it. My mom eats the fiber one snack bars and has never had a problem with it, but any time I eat even one I'm crapping the rest of the day with horrible stomach cramps.

Comment

i wasnt a big fan of yogurt myself until i tried this stuff nick. totally worth it although the biggest factor i see in keeping a healthy digestion track in general is just plain avoiding the fried foods and anything with overally simple complex carbs...the stuff seems to break down to sugar in my system faster than you could type a response to this post.

Smart Health Shop
                SHS Facebook

Comment

I wondered about those little brownies after seeing the first commercials for them pop up on television. I hadn't dared to try them simply because the cereal is nasty. There boasts that it's fiber without the cardboard taste is so far off the mark, I wondered if they even tested the cereal before putting it on the market. Others may have a difference in opinion but personally, I'd rather eat a bowl of Wheaties in the morning. The price for these brownies sounds like enough to keep me from trying them, but add in the poor reviews from others, I'm staying away.

Comment

I don't have any issues down there but I had the fiber one bars and they are really good. They didn't make me poop but they taste great. I haven't tried the brownies and judging by these comments I think i'll pass.

Comment

I don't use Fiber one because of the sugar content.

True, it packs a good 20% fiber punch, but the 8g of "added sugar" should make want to use this item as a dessert and not as a diet plan.

Comment

good call vartanus - sugar is the difference between a good diet and terrible diet.
                        Smart Health Shop
                        SHS Facebook

Comment

I like pretty much anything Fiber one makes. The taste is good considering it is a fiber loaded product. The price is a bit much, I usually catch them on sale at Kroger and then use ecoupons along with paper coupons to get them for very cheap.

Comment

I'm also interested in how they taste. I love Fiber One's bars because they are so tasty, low calorie and they keep you full. They also do they job. I like some of their cereals, but I'm scared to try the brownie. I just hope it isn't loaded up with sugar. I would be able to get my fiber by taking some flax in my oatmeal instead.

Comment

I got a couple of boxes when they were on sale at Kroger. With a coupon I was able to get them for around $1 a box.

I like their flavor, but they're a bit dry in my opinion. I enjoy one every now and again with some skim milk and it's pretty good.

They're not super rich, so don't think you're getting a fudge brownie. They're more like the regular Betty Crocker-type brownies you get in the 99-cent box.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                              Working...
                              X