Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by notyourcommodity View Post
    I haven't made my own health bars before, but a particular brand of all natural health bars I like to eat includes dates as the base. They're deliciously chewy and filled with simple ingredients like nuts, cinnamon, and other dried fruits to make different flavor varieties.

They are quite expensive per bar, though, so it would be smart for me to attempt to make my own!
    Maybe. Although dates contain high levels of fructose and dextrose...which are natural good sugars...but they won't do much positive for your waist line necessarily.

Looking for a discount on bulk supplements? Use my code by clicking the link below for 10% off: http://powdercity.refr.cc/QQQ9WXZ

Looking for a one-stop shop for all other supplements? Go with the best: http://www.smarthealthshop.com
    Smart Health Shop
    SHS Facebook
    Powder City bulk supplements discount!

NPC Physique and SmartHealthShop.com Athlete
    Supplementing Your Health Starts Here

Comment

That sounds like such a great idea! I also like the ingredients, I love cranberries. I would maybe add some dry bananas. I wouldn't add peanut butter as someone suggested because that would increase the calories considerably.

Comment

I think these recipes are great and much better for you then any health bar you would buy. When you make them yourself you know exactly what is going into them and you have control of what you use. I am definitely going to start making my own health bars. This was a very interesting and informative post.

Comment

I've seen many recipes on the internet for this type of product. Some require quick oats, and others rolled oats. Those are the two types I tend to have in the house, although some bars made with steel cut oats might be healthier. I have raisins and seeds, and plan to pick up some nuts next time I'm out, so hopefully I will be making some of my own breakfast/health bars soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Diane Lane View Post
            I've seen many recipes on the internet for this type of product. Some require quick oats, and others rolled oats. Those are the two types I tend to have in the house, although some bars made with steel cut oats might be healthier. I have raisins and seeds, and plan to pick up some nuts next time I'm out, so hopefully I will be making some of my own breakfast/health bars soon.
            Pardon me but what is the difference between rolled oats and the ordinary oats? In terms of nutrition, does a rolled oat more nutritious or it is just the presentation that is different. My mother is on oats all the time since she has been wheelchair bound when a stroke hit her 5 years ago. The prescribed food is soft diet hence we feed her oats with crushed fruit sometimes. Now that rolled oats that I see in the grocery looked good that's why I am asking you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
              Pardon me but what is the difference between rolled oats and the ordinary oats? In terms of nutrition, does a rolled oat more nutritious or it is just the presentation that is different. My mother is on oats all the time since she has been wheelchair bound when a stroke hit her 5 years ago. The prescribed food is soft diet hence we feed her oats with crushed fruit sometimes. Now that rolled oats that I see in the grocery looked good that's why I am asking you know.
              Rolled oats and quick pats are exactly the same. Steel cut oats are a tad lower on the glycemic scale...but not much. Oats are pretty much oats most of the time and one of the better carb sources that you can consume.

Looking for a discount on bulk supplements? Use my code by clicking the link below for 10% off: http://powdercity.refr.cc/QQQ9WXZ

Looking for a one-stop shop for all other supplements? Go with the best: http://www.smarthealthshop.com
              Smart Health Shop
              SHS Facebook
              Powder City bulk supplements discount!

NPC Physique and SmartHealthShop.com Athlete
              Supplementing Your Health Starts Here

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
              Working...
              X