Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballet Beautiful Workout DVD

I recently ordered the Ballet Beautiful DVD by Mary Helen Bowers, most famous for training Natalie Portman for her role in Black Swan. I researched this DVD after seeing it in Elle magazine and found a lot of positive feedback on it.
    The description says, "Get a tight, toned and elegant body with this effective ballet inspired total body workout from Mary Helen Bowers, trainer to the stars! Sculpt sleek and strong legs, arms, butt, abs and upper body. Shape a lean and graceful dancer s body with targeted mat work and standing exercises that lengthen and tone. Workouts include focused exercises that target trouble areas while increasing flexibility and improving posture."
    I'm looking forward to receiving this DVD and getting started. I've always liked ballet, though I am not a dancer. Ballet-inspired workouts are right up my alley as they let me pretend I'm a prima ballerina while working on my fitness. I think this workout will keep me motivated because I will actually enjoy it!
    Has anyone tried out Ballet Beautiful before? Let me know!

I hope you check back with a review after you receive it. It sounds great. I'm always looking for something new. I use a lot of DVD's at home. Something that uses ballet would be nice, but I'm not going to take a class for it. That's something I won't be doing in front of anyone else. I'm not a dancer either, at least not a ballet dancer.

Comment

Sound great. With that information, I thought at once that ballet is for everyone to try and just for the "well-to-do." I'm just concern with flexibility as ballet dancer develop their skills at a very young age and since then the body is accustomed to the rigorous training that comes with grace.

Comment

I haven't watched this DVD yet but I definitely will, it sounds so wonderful! I love ballet so much I attended ballet school a few years ago and I can tell you from my own experience that ballet exercises are great
        "I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. ― Audrey Hepburn

Comment

I have not tried Ballet Beautiful, but I do have the DVD: ballet conditioning. It promises to 'create a long, streamlined silhouette with flat abs, a lean lower body and beautifully defined curves.' My posture has improved with this workout and I always have to sit or lie down after I complete the DVD because my legs and butt have worked so hard! This workout is beautifully fluid but extremely effective.
          I will be searching for Ballet Beautiful to add to my routine!

Comment

I haven't, but I'm adding this to my list! I love ballet as well, and used to take it growing up. But I stopped after I became too busy with school and work. I've missed it though and would love to incorporate into my routine. I think it would be perfect to do after I complete a full round of P90x. I'd be curious to hear how you like it once you've tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by MoniqueSeibel View Post
              I haven't, but I'm adding this to my list! I love ballet as well, and used to take it growing up. But I stopped after I became too busy with school and work. I've missed it though and would love to incorporate into my routine. I think it would be perfect to do after I complete a full round of P90x. I'd be curious to hear how you like it once you've tried it.
              I used to do P90X! It is tough but worth the time. At what stage in the P90X workouts are you currently in?

Comment

I don't think it would work very well for me.

I'm not very flexible....or graceful.... and while I don't think this video would require you to already be a ballerina, I also don't think it would be too easy or feel that comfortable to me to try out ballet-inspired moves.
                Do you play with your food? I certainly do. Quirky Cookery

Comment

It sounds like a great DVD. It is not one I've heard of before so I might look at some of the reviews and see what other people are saying about it.

I like the New York Ballet workouts and I think routines like this are good for the days when you just want something gentle and relaxing to do while also toning muscles.

However, I found Pilates more effective than ballet workouts when it comes to toning up.

Comment

I will be interested to hear what you think. It honestly sounds like something fun and different to do. I am not big on yoga, but I could definitely use something to improve my flexibility. I cannot wait to hear how this work out goes for you.

Comment

I'm looking to add in some of these ballet type workouts. I think I need variety to keep things interesting. I'm not joining a gym so I am turning to videos and dvds. I used to want to be a ballerina when I was little. Yes I know this won't make me one, lol. However I can pretend during workouts.

Comment

I have not seen the information for Ballet workout, I do believe the best works are dancing workouts that use your complete body. I like the ballroom dancing and salsa type dvds to get me moving. When you look at how much of your body is used when dancing you understand why dancers of any type have such well toned beautiful shapes.

Comment

Ballet is beautiful, and it sounds like it would be a fun, interesting workout. I will look into this and hopefully give it a try. I love ballet, so why not? Thanks for the info!

Comment

I want to try it. I always wanted to learn ballet, but at my age it has to be done in the privacy of my own home. I think this would be a excellent work out source for me because I won't have to do a whole bunch of bouncing and over exert myself.

Comment

I haven't heard about this cd but I am very excited to see it. I know that a new craze called Cardio Barre is hitting gyms really hard an I am assuming that this is probably a really good workout.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                              Working...
                              X