Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shampoo/Conditioner for a Shiny Hair

I'm looking for a shampoo and/or conditioner that will make my hair shiny and manageable. Even natural remedy will help. Some say that sulfate-free shampoo can make your hair look good and healthy but with the variety of products in the market, it's no surprise to end up having a headache and just settle to your old, familiar shampoo, and hair.

Using healthy alternatives to shampoo and conditioner works very well. Using lavender, diluted apple cider vinegar, eggs (they're great for maintaining a shine!), baking soda, molasses, or olive oil. There are also plenty more DIY hair recipes that a simple google search can provide you with. Going natural, and not using marketed shampoos and conditioners that are harsh and contain detergents and chemicals that shouldn't be in your hair is always a good choice.

Comment

I'm using Jojoba Oil as a conditioner and my hair has never looked better. It's especially great for people with dry and damaged hair.

Jojoba Oil removes dirt, grime, bacteria and buildup from hair without stripping the hair. In fact, it hydrates hair from the inside of the hair shaft. It penetrates and helps repair split ends as well. It is an emollient and moisturizer which also has properties that encourage skin health.

Comment

A few times a month I mix some baking soda in with my shampoo. Then shampoo like I normally do. THis will get rid of the buildup in your hair. My beautitian told me to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by angie828 View Post
          A few times a month I mix some baking soda in with my shampoo. Then shampoo like I normally do. THis will get rid of the buildup in your hair. My beautitian told me to do this.
          I've heard of using baking soda INSTEAD of shampoo or other cleaning products but what is the point of using it in addition to shampoo? I think shampoo is already a lot harsher than baking soda.

Comment

Some people still like the smell and lather of shampoo. All shampoo is not the same. You can find a sulfate free one if your hair is more dry.

Comment

I love the Aussie range. Its available in most supermarkets and beauty stores. Its natural and it smells fab! They do a few different ranges but I tend to go for the frizz ease ones.
              They also have a range of added caring treatments you can do a few times a month on top of your shampoo and conditioning.
              Its quite expensive but well worth it. Just a little of the conditioner leaves your hair sooo smooth.

Comment

I know a girl who just got finished with beauty school, and she buys the super expensive shampoo that I cannot afford, but she told me the shampoo's with no sulfate are the best. I just bought some Herbal Essences for shine with 0% sulfate, and my hair looks really smooth and shiny. It's also affordable. It's the old style of Herbal Essences in the old bottle. I also love the smell.

Comment

I love Herbal Essences too, I love everything about it. First of all, the bottle looks really pretty, which is important to me, since I love pretty things. Also, what of course is much more important, the shampoo makes my hair look really healthy and shiny. I've been using it for over a month now.
                  "I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. ― Audrey Hepburn

Comment

You can try buying shampoo and conditioner on natural stores. If you have time to make your own, it could be possible too. Aloe vera and coconut oil are both known to be good for the hair health.
                    My Site & My Blog Diary

Comment

I use Avalon Organics shampoo for it has biotin and contains other organic ingredients. In addition, if you guys like your hair to look healthier, your hair should be nourished from the inside, in my case I take biotin supplement from Hercules Vitamins (also known as vitamin B7) regularly.

Comment

I would say try some of the Nexxus brands, they are really good for my hair, and for my son's hair as well. Our ethnic-type hair can be very, very dry and "tight" sometimes. Nexxus is one of the only brands that "smooths" our hair out, the conditioners really work wonders. The humectress conditioner is one of the best I've tried, goes fabulous with the humectress shampoo, although if my money is tight, I will buy a cheap shampoo like VO5, and splurge on the humectress conditioner.

You might also want to try Paul Mitchell Awapuhi shampoo, great shampoo and it smells fantastic. When I use it, the smell drifts out of my bathroom into my whole house and makes everything smell lovely.

Comment

I would recommend coming off the harmful shampoo cycle and using natural ingredients to look after your hair. Shampoo is full of toxic chemicals which infiltrate the bloostream and it strips the hair of its natural oils, resulting in your scalp drying out (hence the need for conditioner).

Comment

I've actually heard of some people only washing their hair once a month, and using coconut oil and other natural ingredients.

Comment

Most of the time, the shampoo chemical damage the hair roots. i suggest you use a simple lemon boiled water, let it remain in the hair for well over 30 minutes before taking the shower.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                              Working...
                              X